Wedding receptions -- weird JW ideas

by Gopher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• barry
    barry

Y ou apostates are soo funny, but then Ive never been to a JW wedding. Barry

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Mine was definitely up in the "Weird" category. First of all, the elders questioned me and Big Tex closely to find out just what my wedding dress looked like, i.e., how much bosom did I intend to show, and what my bridesmaids would be wearing. The KH carpet was bright orange, just about the ugliest thing I'd ever seen, so I wasn't really going all out on this wedding. In fact, my parents bribed me with the idea that if I kept the cost of the wedding down, they'd pay for the honeymoon, so I hit them up for 9 days in Cancun. THAT was worth it! The wedding itself was merely endured. I had one attendant, my best friend, which ticked off the moms who wanted their daughters to be flower girls. Both mothers argued bitterly over the wedding and the reception. I didn't have a cake because somewhere my mother had read that it was an old Roman fertility symbol (too bad, Mom, I had two kids anyway!), which ticked off everyone else. My dad gave the wedding talk and it was the only wedding talk he ever gave dry-eyed, because he and Big Tex had gotten into it the week before the wedding and he was pissed. My darling mother-in-law and her best friend spent the week of the wedding trying to break us up. It took two Valium to get me through the wedding, and half a bottle of Scotch for Big Tex. I threw up for two days after the wedding.

HOWEVER, our 20th wedding anniversary will be next June, so the wedding was merely a blip in our happiness.

Nina

• ballistic
    ballistic

Of course! Why not just have a contribution box at Weddings to make giving easier. No fumbling around with 'wedding lists' or gift wrapping. Give all your money to Jehovah. He obviously needs it!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'd LOVE to hear "Like a Virgin" by Madonna at a JW wedding reception.

LOL @ Neon Madman -- you don't suppose the virginal bride and groom would have "performance anxiety" if the consummation of their marriage was witnessed by the older men??? OHMYGAWD. Too funny.

"Earth Angel" and "Baby Come to Me" are viewed as unchristian?

JW weddings bring out the "weird" in elders and elderettes!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I have only been to a few JW weddings and the few I remember were mostly pretty fun fare, except for the one I went to where they were dancing to Kingdumb Melodies in a gym. I thought I was going to heave.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    LOL @ Neon Madman -- you don't suppose the virginal bride and groom would have "performance anxiety" if the consummation of their marriage was witnessed by the older men??? OHMYGAWD. Too funny.

I forgot to mention that when the announcement is made at the Service Meeting, it would not be appropriate for the congregation to applaud, since this would be giving undue prominence to individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit