Jacob's Branches and Genetics: Bible Error

by JosephAlward 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

It's a story Joseph A. - a story - you know . Even if based on real characters, it's a story

Paduan,

It is a historical fact with a message. Many seem to have a problem with that and attempt to ridicule it. Yet no one has proven it wrong or unscientific even though they try.

Joseph

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So the world is six thousand years old?

"Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every sort.. "

"Every" - sounds like a big job at any time - the birds too - and at some time less than six thousand years ago, every animal in existence re-established the earth from the same central place.

Insisting on the factual literacy of the words as they are used is a difficult position to keep up. Have you considered that some goats may have been striped already, and hardy - more so than other more desirable looking ones. Jacob realised it, and thought of using stripes to attract them together, where the same kind would breed?

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 15 October 2002 22:55:23

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Paduan,

Wrong, all of it even funny. It shows that you have no idea how I understand the texts. But that is your problem not mine. Rave on.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 15 October 2002 23:16:3

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I can easily understand that spiked water can produce colour changes, but that isn't the extent of what is required of the literal interpretor.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hey Alward, I don't like you.

Later on in the Bible, Jacob has a dream where he sees the sheep mating, and the basic principle of genetics is shown to him.

Give me your postal address so I can send some JW's to bug you about it. Hahahaha!

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit