Please forgive me...!!

by ELON14 61 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Nathan,

now speak against them and work to reverse some of your "accomplishments" from prior years when you were misled.......

You were misled, but now you're awake. What are you going to do about it?

I think I understand you to be encouraging Elon to become an active force for the good of other victims. But in this context it sounds like you are advocating forgiveness by acts of penance.

Your a cool dude. I hope I misunderstood.

Jst2laws

edited to correct my 2nd grade grammer

Edited by - jst2laws on 4 October 2002 17:48:22

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

A Big Welcome to you Elon. Thank you for sharing your story with us. We look forward to hearing from you again. I am so sorry for the lose of your son. I have great respect for a person as yourself, who has decided to leave the org. and realize the impact you had on others while you where in a position you where in as an elder. May peace be with you in your endeavours to free yourself and your family from a mind-controlling org.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jst2laws said, "I think I understand you to be encouraging Elon to become an active force for the good of other victims. But in this context it sounds like you are advocating forgiveness by acts penance."

Anyone who knows me here knows that I am an atheist. I do not deal in metaphysical or supernatural matters, except to deny that they are real.

I am interested only in Elon's personal psychology and in encouraging him to take actions that I believe are consistent with being a survivor, not a victim.

I hope this explanation is satisfactory. Thanks also for offering your kind and generous opinion of me. I think my life as a Dub has convinced me that everyone will alway view me as "that strange guy."

Our of curiousity, what do you feel would be so bad about acts of penance? I'm not familiar with the theological issues involved behind that.

- Nathan, of the Atheist Objectivist Secular Humanist Tengu Class

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 4 October 2002 12:14:36

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 4 October 2002 17:31:54

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Elon;

You ask for forgivness and you have received it. Now you need to forgive yourself. I look upon you and others and myself as victims of victims. All of us have some regrets and feelings of guilt from promoting the wbts. We tend to chastise ourselves for not realizing earlier that the wbts is just another cult.

Do not be to hard on yourself. With the loss of a son as you mention, all of this burden can become a load too difficult to deal with alone. Watch yourself and others in your family and seek professional help if the burden seems to be too large to deal with on your own. Come to this forum and vent your fears-grief-etc. Most of us have been where you are today and will listen and help if we can.

Please do not let what the wbts taught regarding psychiatric help or medication stop you from seeking professional help.

We all here wish you and your family all the good things life has to offer.

Outoftheorg

• wasasister
    wasasister

I add my welcome to the rest.

You will find there are many former elders here; also former pioneers, former zealous publishers, former ministerial servants, and the occasional CO. You are in fine company.

For those of us without the WT CDROM, could someone link your story? I'd love to read it.

Thank you and again, glad you are here. We look forward to the time you find it appropriate to share the rest of your story.

Wasa

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Ditto to everyone above .......boy you guys - you left me w/nuttin to say!!!!!!

My true condolescenses on the loss of your son....but you need to forgive yourself as another said. We're all/were "seeking the truth", and thought we had found it...

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Elon14 Welcome

I take my stupid looking hat off to you . Looking foward to your posts!

Dismembered

• jgnat
    jgnat

Glad to "meet" you, Elon. I have found this to be a warm and welcoming place. That does not mean we all believe the same or act the same. What a refreshing difference! Relish your freedom and have fun with it.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

It's so nice to meet you! As you can see here, you have met alot of really nice folks! Good people, with good hearts, that has left the org.and started to live a rich and full life! I lost my dad to depression in Oct. 1996. It has been a long road of grief that I have endured, along with the rest of my family. I have discovered strength that I never knew I had. You will find this too my friend. Don't let the guilt eat you up. In my fathers situation, I would think of how I could have done things differently, why didn't I? You will wear the *whys* and *what if's* out. The years following my father's death, I put myself in with a situation where I could draw comfort from, people who had experiences of the same impact. People who where highly trained in dealing with that kind of grief. I even put myself before a panel of professial councelors in order to help them in dealing with someone who had lost someone to depression. In time, I was able to work thought alot of my feelings and it has helped me tremendously. You will also find that support here. It's nice to have you. When you are ready to share your story, we will be here for you. =:o)

{{{{warm cyber hug}}}}

Tink =:o)

• blondie
    blondie

I think Elon14 Awake experience was already posted. Use search and put in elon. Check the threads that pop up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit