Please forgive me...!!

by ELON14 61 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Elon,

I'm glad that you have your wife and son with you. That will make it a bit easier for you now that you've left.

Your having been an elder will be helpful to other here on the forum also. You can verify things that they have been told.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Shari

Edited to ad: I never claimed to be the best speller in the world.

Edited by - Lilacs on 3 October 2002 23:53:0

• Kep
    Kep

Welcome to you brother,

You have a good heart and so those in the cong that know you and love you for the person you are will be moved to speak to you despite the rules. I have experienced that myself where some will still even after 7 years of being out, make an effort to see me.

I hope you and your family enjoy this new life we have on the outside.

Deepest condolences for your loss.

Kep

• DJ
    DJ

Yup Elon, you got it right. We are a family. We even argue, sometimes. Forgiveness abounds though. We won't shun you or abandon you. Open arms and wounded hearts, survivors we all are. (((((((Hugs))))))

• ELON14
    ELON14

My experience can be found in the Sep / 8 / 1994Awake.It was also used in one of the WT study articles but I can't recall which one. When the GB invited me to write my experience i hasitated but i thought I'll do it for Jah.I did not feel comfortable the way they did it when I saw it first time .However today I can see how they took full adventage of it for their propaganda.
    I know that the published experience did encourage many to remain faithful to the organization, something I regret today.I hope that somehow I can contribute toward reversing that effect.Please believe me that today I'm not proud of some of the things I said there...but as you put it,i was misled.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hello and welcome. I am responsible for convincing several people to become JWs. I am so sorry for it but I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I know how you feel.

Marilyn

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Elon,

Glad to make your acquaintance.

You will find several others here who have share your regrets, or at least went through a period of dealing with such regrets. I have personally gone back to some of the JW friends to apologize for counsel I had given. I wish I could apologize to those I assisted into the bondage.

Since, I have decided not to burden my self any longer with guilt. As others have brought out we were all duped. We were 'True Believers'.

I am very concerned about the loss of your son. I hope that is not another cause for guilt. You may be going through a variety of emotions in the near future, including depression. I can assure you when you are ready to express yourself, there will be much support from people who understand, no matter how unique your experience.

I'm glad you found friends here, just as I did about 18 months ago, while still serving as a elder. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Jst2laws

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I forgive you Elon, always.

• Lin
    Lin

Elon welcome to the board. It makes me very happy to see more and more people coming to this board, especially those who held high rank. The only person who needs to forgive you, is you. We were all blinded at one time, and we should all simply be thrilled to be released from their bondage. I'm happy for you that you have your wife with you, and I'm very sorry for the loss of your son. I look forward to more of your posts.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Elon and welcome

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost your son; I cannot imagine anything more painful. If and when you feel comfortable sharing your story, please do so with the knowledge that many here will be able to relate and offer support and care to you.

While I agree that there is no need to apologize as most of us were in the same boat mentally, I am impressed by your willingness to take responsibility for your actions and any harm, inadvertent as it was, that may have resulted. That's all that any of us can do once we realize the truth about the "truth". I'm hoping that now that you've relieved yourself of that particular need, you will be able to move forward and heal. How wonderful that your wife and son have come out with you!!!

Welcome!

Dana

• mamashel
    mamashel

Welcome to the board new friend!

First, no apology is necessary. You were cuaght up in a web just like the rest of us here. The org is the ones who should be sorry, but they for the most part are not. Sometimes i feel so angry at them, but other times I have to look at myself and relize they are just being led along as I was. It is a very painful experience to go through, and one I never wish to go through ever again. I just pray that many more like yourself can see the org for what it really is. I also would suggest reading the book Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, it was very helpful to me.

I hope you remain strong, and our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time.

mamashel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit