Please forgive me...!!

by ELON14 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ELON14
    ELON14

Hi to all,

I'm new here and this is the first post I make (I promise that more will come). I have been following most of the posts made here quietly for about 4 months and I would like to thank all of you who are called apostates for the well documented and researched material you have presented here.Thanks to you I know now the truth about the WT organization and I'm no longer blind and misled. I disassociated myself about 2 months ago after 15 years of very "faithful" service to the society.I was regular pioneer for 12 years and an elder for 8 years, I served mainly as the service overeer.My experience was published in the 2 of the society's magazins.

As I was a very zealous and prominent elder in my circuit I zealously promoted the organizational rules and I allowed myself to be fully used by the society to promote those mind controle techniques that now I know hurt those who were my sheep. I know that there are some still in the congregation who will probably never be willing to see the truth about this wicked organization partly because of me and the zealous spirit for the organization that I zealously incouraged.I know that in the process I made it hard for many ,I contributed to the feeling of fear and guilt that so many jw are suffering from.

To be honest the more truth I learn about this organization the more ashamed I feel about my part i played there in pushing organizational rules,in teaching false ideas and doctrines,in puting pressure to do more in the field service,in making people feel guilty,in judging others inside and outside the organization and many other suchlike crimes the organization is guilty of. So, for that I like to say to all of you one BIG SORRY and please FORGIVE me for that.

I must say that I'm here outside this organization after going through a terrible experience with the JW and the society. One that will leave me cripple for the rest of my life.Only if I knew about you guys and what you have published , even a year ago, my teenage son would have been alive today,as I would have left then and my son would not have died. I will tell my story when I'm ready

As for now,I would like to thank all of you who have helped me to learn the truth about the organization I was willing to do anything for.And again, please FORGIVE me all of you who who have been affected by my zealous spirit(that I wished I never had) directly or indirectly.I can't write anything in any forum unless I do this first.

Keep it up guys, one more is with you.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

WELCOME, Elon! Looking forward to your posts. I was just talking about that to a friend yesterday, about how bad I felt for the people that I encouraged to become witnesses. My nonjw sister said a wonderful thing to me when I first told her I had left off being a jw and how sorry I was for the 30 years that I shunned her. She said, "You thought you were doing the right thing."

Don't be too hard on yourself. We were brainwashed.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Welcome!

SPAZ

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Don't feel bad . You were deceived just like everyone else here. You owe no one any apoligies. I spent 21 years in that lie. Just glad you have seen the "light". And:

Welcome!!!

kkluv

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    the more ashamed I feel about my part i played there in pushing organizational rules,in teaching false ideas and doctrines,in puting pressure to do more in the field service,in making people feel guilty,in judging others inside and outside the organization and many other suchlike crimes the organization is guilty of.

Elon, you were mislead, there is no reason to feel shame. You thought you were doing the right thing. And by disassociating yourself, you who were a loyal and zealous brother, you are in an inadvertant way leaving more seeds of dobut for you flock. I wouldn't be surprised if a few try to get in contact with you, and you can start a new preaching campagin!

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Hi&Welcome ELON14 I have noticed an increase of posters on the board

this past week.This is a very good thing hope to hear more from you.

When you are ready of course.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

First, allow me to say, welcome, ELON,

Secondly, there is no need for apologies. You were mislead just like the rest of us were. It's the GB members who need to apologise.

Shari

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Welcome, Elon. You will find much support here.

FreeFallin

• patio34
    patio34

Dear Elon,

A very warm welcome to you. Thanks for speaking up. We'll look forward to hearing more from you. I like your phrasing of words "you who are called apostates." Very thoughtful.

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 3 October 2002 22:46:26

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Welcome you are among friends!!!

Dragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit