RESEARCH ON TORTURE STAKE vs. CROSS

by Nanoprobe 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Sarah

Thank you for posting this information.

Everyone else: It's 31 pages, print it out it's worth the read.

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Thanks for the info. It's being printed out as I write this. Got a half in half out JW friend who will be interested in this. Thanks again.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Thanks very much for the link :o)

That was a good and well researched document!

• chester
    chester

Sarah,

Thanks for posting that. It is a wonderful paper. A lot of work went into that and it is definitely worth the read even if it is not printed out.

I saved it.

Thanks for posting the information.

Chester

• jgnat
    jgnat

I read the whole thing. Thank you for doing this. I can see further significance of a well-researched article on this subject, than the one you mentioned. The witnesses put a lot of stake in the accuracy and truth of their biblical research compared to the rest of "christendom". The supposedly "pagan" practices of all other religious groups are regularly used as evidence that these religions are "false". Display of a single cross, or a belief in the cross by a householder is enough to convince a visiting witness that they are talking to an ignorant "pagan", and no serious thought has to be given to their other beliefs.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Sarah

That certainly is a lot of reasearch you have done. Thanks for posting it so we can all read it.

One question popped in my mind as I was reading through all of your reasearch, I wonder if you would address it?

If you were asked to present poof of christs existance, what parts of this research would you reference and how would you present this information as evidence?

• butalbee
    butalbee

Thanks!! Very much appreciated.

• Dazed
    Dazed

I applaud your research, a very well thought out and informative dissertation. However, I have a question or two of curiosity.

If the torture stake WAS a cross, would it change the purpose of Jesus' death, or mankind's guaranteed salvation?

If the cross WAS a torture stake, would it change the purpose of Jesus' death, or mankind's guaranteed salvation?

Oh, and one more question, what was the literal translation given at the beginning of your document?

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but if you wish to criticize JW's, or any religion for that matter, the subject of contention should be, in fact, contentious. Who cares if Jesus died strapped to a VW bug, he still died for our sins (or whatever wording you wish to insert at this point that has the same meaning), and the "dubs" agree in that respect.

Peace.

Dazed...and thoroughly confused.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Dazed said:

If the torture stake WAS a cross, would it change the purpose of Jesus' death, or mankind's guaranteed salvation?

Answer: NO!

If the cross WAS a torture stake, would it change the purpose of Jesus' death, or mankind's guaranteed salvation?

Answer: NO!

However, since the Watchtower LOVES to make a HUGE ISSUE out of the Cross not being True, and they also CONDEMN Christian Religions for using the "Pagan" Cross.

I haven't gotten to read that Website that was Posted at the top of this Thread yet, but I am planning to soon!

Also, here is an interesting Scripture (from the American Standard Version):

John 20:25: The other Disciples therefore said to him (the Apostle Thomas), We have seen the Lord. But he said to them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the NAILS, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.

So, there was definitely more than one nail in Jesus Christ's hands.

This does not necessarily prove one way or the other, but the Society ALWAYS shows Jesus only having ONE NAIL through both hands.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    If you were asked to present poof of christs existance, what parts of this research would you reference and how would you present this information as evidence?

Gosh, that is a whole different kettle of fish that appeals to a different body of evidence. I don't know how I would present the evidence. I would suppose I would not just examine extrabiblical and biblical statements on Jesus, but also examine the likelihood a purely legendary or mythical figure with no prior history would suddenly become the center of a new Jewish-Gentile faith (imho very, very unlikely).

Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit