Candace settled and she deserves the peace.

by snare&racket 20 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"Hot topic on Topix seems to be Candace Conti settlement. But it's all quiet here. Are you guys aware that your hero, who was not in it for the money but to change policies, settled without changing anything?"

I have never been so disgusted by a comment. This girl was raped by a JW when a child, who went on to be protected by the organisation,he raped children before Candace and after her. Candace isn't a hero because we felt she was going to bring down the dangerous cult that is Watchtower, she is a hero to us because she has suffered.......yet remained strong.

Being forced to leave Watchtower for simply daring to have questions has been the most painful, costly and life changing event of my life. I can't imagine how it felt to have been raped as a child and watch the rapist be defended by what you thought was gods organisation in earth AND be shunned by the religion.

She is a hero, she has been braver and stronger than any person I have come to know in 34 years.

Watchtower, a house of pain and suffering.....may history judge it and those that defend it accordingly.

I'm glad the stress and heartache of a child abuse case is over for you Candance, I wish you well in your future, you deserve peace. For what you have done, thank you.

Snare x

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well to be fair, maybe poster Nitty-Gritty did something more heroic than Candace.

Just kidding. It's pretty much impossible. I guess then he should shut up.

I'm not even reading that thread anymore. Sick troll.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Candace is a hero. She and her team have blazed a trail others can follow. Apologists like NG are inconsequential. This train will keep blazing forward. Thanks for this thread S&R.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

We talked about it here on the day the court doc was delivered.

Not sure why I can't find the thread.

Also saw Shitty Grittys thread.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Candace Conti was raped as a child by Jonathan Kendrick, then was emotionally abused by the Fremont Congregation elders when she tried to get them to protect other children, was legally abused during depositions by the WTBTS's lawyers during legal proceedings, and finally gutted by the 1st Appellate Court of California on April 13, 2015.

Condace has nothing to prove to anyone especially people who are unwilling to confront the WTBTS about its practices of enabling and protecting pedophiles, victimizing JWs with BITE control techniques, or fleecing jWs of money to financially support the WTBTS. I would like to see anybody do half as much as Candace has done to confront the WTBTS to change its behavior.

Best Wishes for Candace to enjoy the rest of her life in peace.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert
    She walked the valley of dark shadow, fought a legal powerhouse and came away with a legal president that would qualify for hero status. It would take a big man to be able to walk shoulder to shoulder with that lady.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

She and her team have blazed a trail others can follow.

An irRegular Pioneer.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Candace, you go girl

• rip van winkle
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Candace Conti was raped as a child by Jonathan Kendrick,

This was never proven, neither did the police have any evidence to arrest him despite her accusations. At the related Civil trial, under cross examination by WT attorneys, she first testified that she wanted "the monster" to pay, but later, again under cross examination, she revealed that she had made a deal with "the monster", not to collect on any judgement against him regardless of how the jury ruled, in exchange for him not participating in the proceedings.

was legally abused during depositions by the WTBTS's lawyers during legal proceedings,

Hog wash.

Condace has nothing to prove to anyone

Sure she does. Courts do not go around believing every accusation without evidence.

I would like to see anybody do half as much as Candace has done to confront the WTBTS to change its behavior.

More hogwash. If this was so important, why did she make a deal with Kendrigs, why did she not ask for an injunction against the WT in her lawsuit, and why did she settle this case FOR MONEY..

A person demanding justice cannot be bought with all of the money in the universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit