Waiting For The "Real Life"...

by JW_Rogue 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    How many times did we have to hear this? Just another way to make you feel guilty for wanting to spend time improving yourself or enjoying life outside the organization. To think of all the people that died waiting for the "Real Life" that is not coming is actually very sad and depressing. In our hall we had a part once were people were asked what they would like to do in paradise. Surprisingly, most people just wanted to do normal things that they could do right now! Learn to play an instrument, study nature, travel the world etc. It was unbelievable and the conductor just said "Yes, we'll be able to do all those things in the new order".
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Witness live under a delusional persecution complex. It really twisted your brain. I read something today with regard to psychology and listening to biased news stories through the media to no end, and how it affects your cognitive ability. Well the media is pretty intense, but being in a cult, wow, the assault on your cognitive ability is relentless. When you wake up and go to a meeting you can't believe looking around and seeing people soaking up comforting lies over reality.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

It's so sad. But they don't feel sad and it's their choice to believe in a fantasy sold to them by the Wizard spinning the wheels of the machine.

If the believers wanted the normal things bad enough they would pursue them. That's the sad truth also. It is easier and less painful to stay.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's true all the things JWs dream of they can do now if they just leave the cult. The money they spend on the convention could be spent on travelling to a new country each year. With all the free time they would have with no meetings or FS they could learn to play an instrument, study science, learn to paint, whatever they want.

So sad you're right, life is passing them by.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Well the media is pretty intense, but being in a cult, wow, the assault on your cognitive ability is relentless.

I would always wonder "Why do we need so many books?" now I get it. I was never one for reading all of them though I figured if it was important we would study it eventually. LOL

If the believers wanted the normal things bad enough they would pursue them. That's the sad truth also. It is easier and less painful to stay.

Maybe it's also a fear of failure to avoid taking any real risks in life. Let's face it the definition of success in the org is pretty easy just show up and do what you're told.

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

Just, "woke up," from the cognitive coma within the last two years. The first 25 years of my life wasted, passing by opportunity after opportunity because, "Why worry about that now?! I can do that in the New System!"

The indoctrination from infancy is just a horrible thing to inflict upon humanity. Totally agree with Lawerence Krauss that it's a degree of child abuse to indoctrinate a child with fears of God, essentially handicapping their learning capabilities and limiting their experience of life.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

"

i want my sun drenched wind swept Ingred Burgman kiss, not in the next life, I want it in this, I want it in this"

The Beautiful South.

T'was my theme song when I left the borg

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Pretty much the sole basis for doing absolutely nothing of real value in this given life.
  • Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic

"You don't want to be so heavenly minded you are no earth good."

I remember a witness woman, and her husband, hadn't seen them for several years, the moved, and then came back to the area. Asked them if they were going to have kids, as they had just been married, they said "No we are waiting until the new system." That answer always drove me bat shit crazy. For one it says go forward and populate the earth, but two how many scriptures say kids were a blessing. Arrrggggghh, such a stupid belief, why take the awesomest thing you could ever do and not do it. Wanted to slap them.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Well, if one of them gets bumped off by some unforseen occurance., so much for NS babies. It's sad to see elder ones today who went along those lines. No one to look after them in their golden years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit