My wife , Son and DIL living with us ,have still not acknowledged my birthday today @ 5:15 pm , I might have to drop them a subtle hint.

by smiddy 23 Replies latest social family

• smiddy
    smiddy

I know being a witness for 33 years and not celebrating b/days you do lose the habit , but I thought one of them would have remembered ? Oh well .

Maybe I will just rub it in with them tomorrow .Make them feel guilty , eh ?

Then again I might just start singing "76 Trombones" at the dinner table tonight . And see if that rings a bell .

Have a good one friends and enjoy the rest of your day ,cause I am regardless .

smiddy

• Freesoul
    Freesoul

A BIG HAPPPPPY BIRTDAY SMIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not in sure which state you are in but if we were in the same one, I was and would join you for a drink. Have a great day, maybe they are planning a surprise.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Smiddy, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Drink a toast to yourself with dinner After all, you've made it through another year and that is reason to celebrate! I've never quite understood the whole birthday problem. I know, the bad examples of birthdays in the bible etc... but honestly, what is wrong with telling someone happy birthday - I hope you have a fantastic day?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Happy B'day Smiddy. Enjoy a beer at the local.

• Listener
    Listener
    Happy Birthday Smiddy.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you guys , truly , it`s not such a big deal with me , the birthday thing that is , however it`s a little bit disappointing when NOBODY remembers it , especially your soul mate ? LOL..... It`s now 7:30 pm Oh well !!

Thanks again

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Well if she were your soul mate and somehow did forget, you'd feel safe to gently tell her you feel a little disappointed no one at home remembered. tell her - for goodness sake, don't wait for tomorrow - unless you are into pity parties? And on that note, let me wish you a great birthday and many more to come! Keep away from platters, though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Happy birthday. Just declare it if you already haven't.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

Happy Birthday Smiddy! It's my birthday today too! Mr. SailAway's birthday is July 4th, so he really can't forget mine. I gave him a card and bought him some birthday cannolis. He really isn't into cake.

I've been out four years now. July 4th is also my personal Independence Day, since I walked away from the organisation on July 3, 2011. I love that we have fireworks all weekend long here in the US for our birthdays! My hubby and children are finally coming around about the holidays. They tolerate my silliness. I embrace the holidays, but I can't fault them for the way they were raised. I'm hoping for my new grandson's sake that my daughter will learn to really celebrate his birthday and Christmas. For now I just keep doing what makes me happy! I think I'll get myself a birthday cupcake today!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Happy Birthday, smiddy!

Happy Birthday, Sail Away!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit