Contrary to News Reports the ZEAL is Still There

by steve2 12 Replies latest social humour

• steve2
    steve2

Zeal has always been a valued word in the JW arsenal. Even if you don't see it in your own local congregation, you keep hearing about it. "Zeal this" and "Zeal that". There's no escaping it. You could be forgiven for concluding nothing's changed but you'd be wrong. Zeal is still talked about, the word still fills the dank air...only now ZEAL does not stand for keenly and enthusiastically spreading the good news but instead stands for Zombies Enduring Another Lecture.

JWs' faces betray their methods of coping during Regional Slumberfests and Kingdom Hall Beatings: The look and manner of the living dead. Don't stir them up...they'll mercilessly pursue you and try to get their death-giving fangs into you. They need you to become like them. Watch out because death has never moved with such stealth.

To survive in the organization you need all the ZEAL you can muster. Switching the brain off remains the single best method to survive where so many before you died trying to re-spark their brains. Should've simply embraced their zombiehood.

Show true Zeal by enduring another lecture, and another and another...all the way to your grave as several generations of JWs have done before you. Forget about 'millions now living never dying' and join the throngs of the living death at your local kingdom hall.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

Only the best JW liars can have the appearance of "true zeal"- they have fooled themselves, though, as the lie is costing them the best years of their life-- before they die like everyone else in the world before them.

Just wait until the Great Tribulation - their zeal will disappear, just like Fluffy the poodle.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Ugh... I hate that word. It's as old fashioned as "vigor & vim."
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Even when I was at my peak as a JW, I didn't have that kind of ZEAL. I just couldn't endure the lectures. I really tried sometimes, but I always checked out and my mind drifted to other things. I guess I just didn't have endurance (another "valued word in the JW arsenal").

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Simon, I would like to change my username to unzeal.
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    Converts sometimes get that "new zeal." A bubble world. They don't have the full reality yet. I don't think the kids raised in it ever get that. ok, very, very rarely.
  • millie210
    millie210

I just noticed that the word zeal is in the word

sleaze.

is that a fluke?

• LV101
    LV101
    Steve2 - funny - I needed the laugh although sad, indeed.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh, yes! The ZEAL!

Image result for man sleeping at conventionImage result for man sleeping at convention

I have that same kind of zeal every Sat/Sun morning.

Image result for man sleeping at convention

Doc

• done4good
    done4good

Ugh... I hate that word. It's as old fashioned as "vigor & vim."

Actually, in almost all other contexts I can think of, "zeal" has a negative connotation, almost always associated with extremism.

Only in the backwards world of WT could "zeal" be a good thing.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit