Australian journalists investigating abuse

by Joel-ABC-730 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Joel-ABC-730
    Joel-ABC-730

Dear members,

I am an investigative journalist with the Australian public broadcaster, the ABC.

We are currently gathering information from members of the Jehovah's Witnesses who experienced sexual abuse as children and adolescents in Australia.

We are preparing reportage that will cover the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse.

If you would like to contact the investigative team, you can reach me on email at [email protected] or via secure phone on a number I can provide.

Regards,

Joel Keep, ABC

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Check this Facebook page: JW Survivors in Australia

I'll send you an email to touch base and introduce you to the right people.

JW LEAKS

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Hello Joel

This being a basically U.S. site it may take a few hrs to get a decent response. Good luck with it and may I say you could have your hands full as the JW's are rife with pedeophiles but they also have a very slick legal team esp in Australia who are very careful with their wording and media statements. Dig deep pls

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Joel, Good background references can be found on this forum HERE.

All posts are in order of when they were last posted, i.e. the most recent first. The posts go back 15 years, such as this one relating to Australia:

A Wollongong judge yesterday launched a scathing attack on the Jehovah's Witness congregation at Balgownie, accusing elders of failing to report child sex abuse.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am in the UK but I wish you well.

The watchtower lawyers will tell outright lies and create spin. Here in the UK the watchtower spokesman has lied to the press in the case of shunning. He said it was up to each individual if they wanted to shun or not....this is only partially the truth. what the snake left out was that if a JW fails to shun a 'disfellowshipped' or 'disassociated' one..they omited the part where a JW talking to a shunned one will be shunned themselves. Lying by omission.

The watchtower is facing many paedophile lawsuits right now so they're on high alert.

The '2 witness rule' is the get out of jail free card for the paedophiles within the JW congregations.

Keep us al informed.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    The deeper I get into this. It makes me wonder just how big and deep the problem is
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

yeah i'm thinking the same.

I first thought it was here and there like most other religious institutions...now i'm thinking maybe the top guys at Brooklyn have some skeletons in the closet.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit