JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WANT IT BOTH WAYS

by Perry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTLies
    WTLies

Perry Great post, I would add that JW's believe and are taught that the end could come any day, even tomorrow. However they are also taught, before the end comes these things must occur:

(1)The Governments has to turn on all religion and then finally the JW's

(2)The Governments have to claim Peace and Security (1Thess. 5:3)

(3)The world has to mass together as one against Jehovah

(4)World economy will fail, people will be throwing money in the streets

(5)Total breakdown of all forms of transportation

(6)Final confrontation between the 2 Kings (no comment lol) Daniel 11:40,44,45

(7)Preaching work must be finished

(8)Destruction of 'false religion' (Rrev. 17:15,16

(9)144,000 must be sealed (according to the new book that is not finished yet)

(10)The pouring out of the seven bowls of Jehovah's anger (Rev. 15:1- 16:21

Mind you ALL of this must happen BEFORE Armageddon breaks out! In JW terms the Great Tribulation is only a precursor to the end, which is Armageddon. So if the end could come tonight, and all of this must happen first, it would be one busy night! I hope I sleep through it all and wake up when there will be paradise, with the green grass, the fresh water and the little children are playing with the lions and tigers and bears OH MY

William,

Former member of a non-Prophet Organization

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Wonderful post! I'd like to pin it to the bulletin board at my old Kingdom Hall. Too bad they'd probably burn it...

• teejay
    teejay

The dissidents of history like William Tyndale who took a stand against the religious hierarchy of the Church are spoken of by the Watchtower as lovers of truth and are held up as examples of those who rightfully question their religion.

The Watchtower villifies those that speak out today against *its* religious error and corruption. Folks like Franz and Bowen are vilified with the most scathing of terms... said to be, "like the immoral dogs that lap up their own reguritated filth... because of [their ] own stupidity and presumptuousness." -- / You Know

Excellent post, Perry!

Sho 'nuff a keeper.

• ballistic
    ballistic

WTLies, I agree with what you say, as I have said before something similar.

People such as "you know" constantly proclaiming doom and suggesting that the latest headlines mean the end is imminent whether the headlines be a declaration of peace or a declaration of war.

I faced a similar confusion when I was a witness. He does not do it on purpose. The truth is we were on the societies strings being jerked this way and that.

The governing body have got it both ways. They have hedged their bets. What ever happens in the world at the moment, they can say the end is imminent and 6.2 million witnesses are jerked into action.

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks for all the comments and examples everyone.

The governing body have got it both ways. They have hedged their bets. What ever happens in the world at the moment, they can say the end is imminent and 6.2 million witnesses are jerked into action.

You hit the nail on the head brother.

Perry

• spacegirl
    spacegirl

Hope you don't mind but I have saved this to my hard disc in readiness for next visit of JW's. Incidentally do you have any more information about the wedding ring issue. Thanks for posting this, it's succinct and intellectual - unlike the JW's.!!

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Excellent, excellent post.

Free

• Perry
    Perry

spacegirl, Check out the following on the wedding ring issue.

w72 page 63, w69 page 58-59, w56 page 571

• Southland
    Southland

Exellent post!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

When numbers are increasing, the WTS claims it's a sign of the last days and the great ingathering.

When numbers are decreasing, the WTS claims it's a sign of the last days when "the love of the greater number will cool off."

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit