1000 asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel!

by cyberguy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

1000 were asked to leave Brooklyn Bethel (actually, this includes the Farm and Patterson) "voluntarily!" Only 6 replied to the request in the last 3 weeks. It looks like the "waters" of Bethel are drying up, or rather, their revenues are drying up! Anyway, another request has gone out. It is rumored that Bethel needs a 33% "haircut!"

Edited by - cyberguy on 16 July 2002 22:43:8

Edited by - cyberguy on 16 July 2002 22:44:8

Edited by - cyberguy on 16 July 2002 23:4:26

Edited by - cyberguy on 17 July 2002 13:40:18

Edited by - cyberguy on 17 July 2002 13:42:46

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

you mean BETHEL'S HAVING A LAY OFF?

• Undecided
    Undecided

They should lay off the old buzzards and let them try to survive in the real world.

Ken P.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks for that info Cyberguy! It's been talked about on this board recently, so I guess the downsizing has come about.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Yep! I heard about this last Sept. from someone in the accounting department!

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

oK. So now the question is......

What are the severance packages like? Will they have 2 weeks worth of free magazines? What about medical/insurance....can they go back to the Bethel infirmary thru the end of the month if they get sick? Will the upper management get books instead of magazines? since they're upper management?

Man, I'll be all the publishing houses in NY are going to be inundated with applicants. Not to mention all the hotels (with a sudden influx of housekeeping candidates!) lol!

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Is this reliable info. I don't mean disrespect but I would like to pass this on with confidence.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

yep! VERY reliable!

• outcast
    outcast

ROFL

No volunteers??? Now they will have house keeping on a witch hunt.

Don't leave the glass of water you took with your St. Johns wort out. You will be axed!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......Welcome to the real world!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah what is a fellow to do with only a high school education?? If they 
    end up strapped without money, I am sure the WT won't bail them out. 
    I guess the WT is saving money for all the lawsuites that will be coming 
    in. 
    Will 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit