List of New Light statements in 2015

by FusionTheism 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

March 15 2015 Study Watchtower:

* The Parables are all "simplified" now.

* Doing away with most Type / Antitype interpretations (except for prophecies).

* The Governing Body was APPOINTED in 1919 but will not receive their reward of expanded authority until the Great Tribulation.

* The Evil Slave is NOT a class of people, it's a hypothetical warning for each individual anointed one.

---------

May 15 2015 Study Watchtower:

* Gog of Magog is not Satan, it is a Coalition of Nations.

------

July 15 2015 Study Watchtower:

* There is the possibility that people can still be saved after the Tribulation begins.

* The anointed will be raptured to Heaven at the end of Tribulation.

---------

August 2015 Study Watchtower:

* We have no way of knowing how soon the end will come, and it could be in a future time period.

---------

Jesus--The Way, The Truth, The Life book:

* This Generation that will not pass away are the disciples who see all of the many different signs of the last days, and this means the end is "near."

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    No significant change. It is the same bullshit.
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    The Type / Antitype change is actually incredibly significant because it wiped out thousands of teachings of the Society from the past 130 years in one or two little articles.
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

HI FusionTheism,

I've read your recent posts, and I appreciate the Fact that you are doing your best to act with Tolerance towards the Organization.

I also appreciate the fact that you are Focusing on Scriptural / Doctrinal topics, and not Personalities or actions within, the Organization.

I'm curious, have you spent Much Time, critically examining ALL Watchtower Doctrine? Have you studied Past writings of Russell, to Understand the Full Extent of the Shift, that the WT Has Made?

For Individuals, who choose Theism, It can be a challenge, to have Proper Theocratic Conversations on this Forum. There are many people that have lost a lot, to the hands of the Men of the Watchtower, and rightly so, these individuals feel Anger towards all things Organization, these Individuals, Jump on Anything & Everything that they perceive as Negative, and rarely will Individuals like this Relent, or see any Good coming from the Watchtower.

As for my self, I do appreciate Certain Aspects of the Organization, such as their Strong Stance for Monotheism, their teachings, concerning the Importance of Neutrality, their generally correct teachings on Proper Morality.

The org made the right move, distancing itself from Types / Anti-types, however once you Critically, and Thoroughly Analyze the Watchtower's Current Doctrines, you come to Realize, that Small Adjustments to their Past Made UP Doctrines, are Different but Meaningless, The changes are simply Lies replacing past Lies , or well Concocted stories, created with the intention of escaping Scrutiny over Past Lies.

If you are concerned with understanding The Extent of the Organization's False Teachings, let me know. I can show you many Large & Extremely significant False Doctrines, that you have Most Likely never considered, or read of.

The Organization has even Changed many Scriptures in Key Areas, in order to Support their Lies.

One Example - Revelation 5:10 and you made them to be a kingdom,and priests to our God,and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

The Word Translated as "Over the earth" is gēs, and should be translated as "Upon|On The Earth" as it is Translated in Revelation 5:13 (NWT) "And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth." - Why the Change?

• steve2
    steve2

Couple of "corrections":

• The "newer" teaching that the evil slave does not refer to a class of people but is simply a warning to the anointed was first mentioned at least two years ago during the annual meeting (held in the latter months of 2013?)
    • The August 2015 study edition of the Watchtower has been selectively quoted by Fusion Theism. Elsewhere in the very same article, words appear such as "imminent" as do statements such as "The end of this entire system of things is not far off". Sounds like the 'same old, same old' to me. True, it could be said the article judiciously tries to cover all bases (a wise thing to do when time and generations are passing by), but it is a wishful-thinking travesty to take isolated quotes as new light.
  • richgirl
    richgirl

Thanks for that list FusionTheism! Especially that last point. It sounds like they are drifting away from the ridiculous overlapping generation teaching?????

I still don't believe the GB are now saying that people can "be saved after the GT begins". Ambiguous wording has been used in WT articles in the past, prompting a Question from Readers in the Feb 15th 1997 WT. Part of the answer read: "As to whether any new ones may be able to learn the truth and come over to God’s side after the great tribulation begins, note Jesus’ words recorded at Matthew 24:29-31. After the outbreak of the tribulation, the sign of the Son of man will appear. Jesus said that all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves and lament. He did not say anything about people waking up to the situation, repenting, taking God’s side, and becoming true disciples."

Also, the May 1 1999 WT (pg 19, par21) reads: "Millions have done so. Jesus’ prophecy does not indicate that once the great tribulation breaks out, masses will turn to pure worship; certainly, there was no mass conversion of Jews in 66 C.E. Yet, true Christians will have great incentive to apply Jesus’ warning and flee."

They did admit in those articles that "there is no reason to be dogmatic" and "we cannot presently have full details about the great tribulation..."......so again, ambiguity, although they strongly hint at there not being any conversion after the outbreak of the trib. Of course they would say that because they want people in the doors now, not later, to support their claim of being the "only channel" and "Jehovah's Organisation".

• minimus
    minimus

They always tell two points of view. Example: you can't vote....but you could. It's up to you if you decide on a blood transfusion. You won't be disfellowshipped but you might disassociate yourself if you take blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit