Kingdom chorus

by looter 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• looter
    looter

So im at the meeting after its over and this elder says to me that God needs my voice because he, the elder, feels that my singing is not loud enough. I did not tell him this, but singing just is not my thing. He then went on saying how gods people are better singers than "the worlds singers". The elder asked me who I thought was a good singer and i told him i thought michael jackson had a magnificent voice. Then he asked me: "What if michael Jackson sung lies about your mother in his music. Would you not be upset?" After I told him of course he went on a rant about how christendom and churches sing lies about God and jesus, and that the Worst sounding voice in the congregation is better than the singers of the world in jehovahs eyes. Now what does everyone here think about this and are there any similar experiences?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Sorry & hugs to you.... elders can make such big deals about EVERYthing but what is really important.

Will you ever hear them getting mad about the pedophile not being reported? NO...

not singing loud enough? yes.... That way they can feel very important... 'sticking up for Jehovah'

They don't need to stick up for the kids though, do they?

CRAZY!

• blondie
    blondie

*** w97 2/1 p. 28 Music’s Place in Modern Worship ***

The truth is that no voice lifted up in praise to Jehovah is “terrible” from his viewpoint. (I guess they missed this point) I was in one congregation and several people were tone deaf and were told not to sing)

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Yet another attempt by an elder to micromanage a person's life. Ignore that fool and continue singing the way you prefer. Better yet, tell him to piss off and walk out for good.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Raise your voice, but sing in a high-pitched Irish brogue. If he looks at you quizzically, tell him sheepishly after the meeting that you're sorry, but for some reason it comes out that way when you try to sing loudly.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Give him and his comments as much attention as you would to an ant in your front garden.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

So im at the meeting after its over and this elder says to me that God needs my voice because he, the elder, feels that my singing is not loud enough. I did not tell him this, but singing just is not my thing. He then went on saying how gods people are better singers than "the worlds singers". The elder asked me who I thought was a good singer and i told him i thought michael jackson had a magnificent voice. Then he asked me: "What if michael Jackson sung lies about your mother in his music. Would you not be upset?" After I told him of course he went on a rant about how christendom and churches sing lies about God and jesus, and that the Worst sounding voice in the congregation is better than the singers of the world in jehovahs eyes. Now what does everyone here think about this and are there any similar experiences?

He is a classic example of elders who have been drinking too much Watchtower kool aid.

What an idiot.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I would have said yes. Your lyrics make you a bad lyricist, not a bad singer. Terrible analogy.

• stillin
    stillin

My wife and I attended a largely black KH for a while and the singing was beautiful! It brought out my singing voice just to be with them. There were harmonies and it was truly enjoyable, even though musically, the songs are insipid. They brought it to life. Then the CO recommended doing away with the piano and getting "in line" with the organization. Down the toilet we went.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the big J doesn't like the way others sing, why the hell doesn't HE do something about it? "God needs my voice", why doesn't he grow some pipes and have his own voice?

What does one person singing a little louder in a windowless building accomplish? Absolutely nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit