For Active Jehovah's Witnesses

by The Searcher 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

This is a reminder for some, and fresh Bible guidance for new arrivals to this site.

Have you been "witnessing" today, or are you planning to?

Whose name were/will you be bearing witness for when you left/leave your home?

Here are 30-40 lovely scriptures from our NWT which should imprint the answer clearly in your mind - especially when there is not a single Greek scripture to offer in response.

If you wish to deny the Christian writings in favour of Isaiah 43:10 as a justification, then do so. Free will!

Reason on the scriptures, rather than J.F. Rutherford's re-branding strategy.

Isaiah 62:2 - "... be called by a new name, which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate.

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Matthew 10:18 - ".....for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - "......before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses of me...."

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - "the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me."

John 8:18 - "the Father who sent me bears witness about me."

John 15:26,27 - "..will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness."

Acts 4:17,18 - ...upon the basis of this (Jesus') .... upon the basis of the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness....."

Acts 13:31 - "who are now his (Jesus') witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus] to all men......"

Acts 22:20 - "......the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "..... a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 -"I [Jesus]..choose you as an attendant and a witness..respecting me"

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ..........."

1 Tim. 2:6 - "......what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "............of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives...the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son."

Revelation 1:9 - "....for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 3:8 - ...."and you kept my word and did not prove false to my name."

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 - "........and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

Revelation 19:10 -".....the work of witnessing to Jesus.... bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 20:4 - "............ for the witness they bore to Jesus."

1 Corinthians 1:2 - "....with all who....are calling upon the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ...."

James 2:7 - "They blaspheme the fine name by which YOU were called, do they not"?

1 Peter 4:14,16 - "If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy.... But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame......but let him keep on glorifying God in this name."

John 3:18 - "....he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God"

Acts 2:38 - "......be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ...."

Acts 3:6 - "In the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, walk!"

Acts 4:10 - ".......in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene......"

Acts 8:16 - ".......been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

Acts 9:27 - ".....and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus."

Acts 10:48 - "With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ."

Acts 16:18 - "“I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.”

Acts 19:5 - "On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

• Zoos
    Zoos

Please do not feed or tease the Jehovah's Witness people.

• The Searcher
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jesus: The only saving name to which all creation will bow. (Phil 2:20: Romans 14:11)

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Great job, Searcher!

• All for show
    All for show

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!

• looter
    looter

great. This should be put on a website for more people.

• LV101
    LV101

Hope witnesses spot this, Searcher!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Marked Very nice....would love to show this to my wife.

GTTM

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

I'm pretty sure we already do that :)

For being a JW site, many seem remarkablly ignorant of what we teach!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit