Want to share your thoughts on JWs?

by punkofnice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, it's been a long while since I last visited here. I've been doing this and that...you know....lugubrious life and all.

I am interested in collating views from all types of people about JWs, albeit non JWs, ex JWs....anyone associated with JWs who wants to share their viewpoint. Later on I'd like to self publish these collected interviews but cannot offer any money as the project is more about giving people an opportunity to speak, help, whatever, rather than make a best seller. It will be put on amazon or where ever for a pittance.

Interested in contributing anonymously or otherwise? PM me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi punk!

i always appreciate your posts...

What sort of format / structure of comments are you after?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hows about....

JW Interview.

OVERVIEW:

The idea of this form is to gather unbiased opinions of the Jehovah’s witness religion and life. It is not intended to push any personal agenda. However, it is designed to be helpful and interesting to those associated with Jehovah’s witnesses in any way.

Only fill in those parts you feel comfortable with. There is no pressure to identify yourself.

By submitting/completing this form you agree to giving 1st rights to the author Paul G Jackson.

• Name/Pseudonym:

• Were/are you a JW? Pick one.

Yes

No

Other (please state)

• How were/are you associated with JWs

Born in

Interested

Studying

Unbaptised

Joined from personal choice

Via friend/s

Other (Please state)

• How long were you a JW? (If applicable)

• What drew you to the JWs?

• What do/did you enjoy about being a JW?

• What is your best/fondest memory?

• What is your funniest memory?

• If alive in 1975 as a JW, do you remember it? What are you memories as a JW?

• Can you think of anything positive or good to say about the watchtower organisation?

• Do you believe the JWs have the ‘truth’?

Yes

No

Partially*

Other

* If ‘partially’, which ‘truth/s’ do the JWs have?

(This is your platform to spill the beans. Go for it!)

• Would you recommend being a JW and why do you answer thus?

• Please tell us what you want us to know about being a JW.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'll play. Not sure what you mean by gathering unbiased opinions. On a topic like that, I'm pretty sure that's roughly impossible. I suppose you could get an unbiased opinion from someone that's never encountered JWs, but that'd be worthless.

JW Interview.

• Name/Pseudonym: OneEyedJoe
    • Were/are you a JW? I was a JW, but no longer consider myself to be one.

• How were/are you associated with JWs

Born in

• How long were you a JW? (If applicable) 28 years.
    • What drew you to the JWs? My parents required it.
    • What do/did you enjoy about being a JW? The only thing I can say I truly enjoyed was when I was young (~8-15) I enjoyed feeling as if I knew more about the bible than the adults I would talk to in the ministry.
    • What is your best/fondest memory? I don't have any fond memories of being a JW, but I do have a few good memories with JW friends.
    • What is your funniest memory? When a half-wit was invited to give the closing prayer for the mid-week meeting and at one point said "we're sorry for all the shit...er..stuff that we do wrong..." Apparently one of the two elderly sisters sitting directly behind me didn't hear what had been said and asked the other for clarification. It was pretty funny hearing an 80+ year old woman say in the most timid voice possible "he said shit"
    • If alive in 1975 as a JW, do you remember it? What are you memories as a JW? Wasn't alive then.
    • Can you think of anything positive or good to say about the watchtower organisation? There's nothing positive about the organization itself. Individual JWs can be quite good people in spite of this, though.

• Do you believe the JWs have the ‘truth’? Absolutely not

• Would you recommend being a JW and why do you answer thus? I would recommend strongly against becoming a JW. This is not a religion as such, it is a cult that offers no benefit that cannot be found elsewhere in a much healthier way. It is a system designed to put people in a mental prison and enslave them to a corporation run by what must either be half-wits or completely morally bankrupt men.
    • Please tell us what you want us to know about being a JW. It's a harmful cult that has cost more lives than heaven's gate, jonestown, and the branch davidians combined.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks OEJ...yes that's superb.

Unbiased...well, I like to come over as Mr Niceguy ;)

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Marked
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good to see you back Punky, and good to see you still active in Anti-witnessing, a noble craft !

I shall contribute something, but right now have a busy few days, so it may be the Weekend before I get back to you.

Phizzy.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yayyy Phuzzyyyyyy
  • flipper
    flipper
    Nice to have you back Punk ! Miss your great views and comments . I'll contribute views with your interview although I'll stay anonymous. Feel free to use anything I say in your project indeed
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Thanks Flipster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit