Funny about me and College

by whatzup 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whatzup
    whatzup

I have woke up for almost 2 years now. I'm still a JW. Actually I'm a regular pioneer ready to quit it and just become a publisher and go to back to college. I started to study with JWs when I graduated from High School. I just took a semester in college and I had to quit cause the brother that gave me study told me that reading The Watchtower and Awake magazines was way too superior. He even told me that just reading them for 2 years was equal to 4 years of college. I believed it and i used to read every single magazine from cover to cover. It has been over 20 years now. I'm living from welfare and food stamps right now with my family. I guess That's the way Jehovah is providing for my family to make my pioneer. But recently I have been thinking what can I do since I woke up already to reality? The only choice I got is to get a real education. I don't know what to study since I think I'm still programmed. I already went to college, applied and got accepted. It was so funny cause it has been over 20 years since I don't go to school and I don't know how to chose the classes. I really don't know, I'm kind of lost, feeling stupid. (counting that I got the higher education of all, the Watchtower education).

Since I can't work with the education I got from being a JW cause I never got any kind of degree, What can I study? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

First of all, go to the college where you were accepted and ask to see a guidance counselor. Then tell that person exactly what you have told us. There are ways they can test you to see what fields of study you would do best in. Also consider any classes from high school you may have enjoyed and excelled at. Maybe begin with similar college classes as a way to get started. If there is a school psychologist you might make an appointment to see him or her for additional help in sorting things out. Start out slowly by taking a few classes at a time, so as to not get overwhelmed. Mainly, STOP attending any Witness-related meetings. If asked, just say you are having personal issues that are between you and Jehovah. Thank them for their concern and say you will contact them when you require their help. Of course, it's imperative that you NOT tell any Witnesses that you are going to college. They would only tend to have negative, discouraging reactions. Wishing you all the best!!! Keep us updated on how things are going.

• zeb
    zeb

so reading the wt is equal to a college education.yeah right. Is that why so many bros of years standing cant read above year 7 and make up words as they go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit