Reflections - Updating MD card - did you stop updating?

by berrygerry 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I finally removed my MD card from my wallet yesterday.

Although we were encouraged to create a new card annually, I had an internal hesitation, and a lack of enthusiam for it, as well as the meaningless cards for my kids.

The card that was pulled from my wallet was dated 1994. I obviously had some unconscious, if not conscious, problems with the Borg, maybe with the 1995 generations BS.

Did others stop updating their cards long before exiting?

• kairos
    kairos

Last signed card was in '99.
    The last meeting I attended was the "Annual" in 2013...

I alreay had started disobeying 15 years ago and didn't even know it yet.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Kairos - you're the same as me, then.

Weird, isn't it?

(You wasted another 14 years, I wasted another 20 - bloody depressing)

• kairos
    kairos

I bet signing and maintaining one's "Advanced Medical Directives" is near the top of the list of first things stopped by nearly everyone that leaves.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was done subconsiously by most, either.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The yearly hoop;a was Bullsh... Do people re-do wills yearly?

We also did not update long before we yanked the suckers out and updated our medical charts.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I have not had a new "blood card" for 10 years. I never did fill out the DPA/MD that we were told to. A funny feeling told me that I do not want virtual strangers (elders) getting involved in my medical decisions.

Does anyone remember the mini-scandal of Lake Tahoe area ski resorts offering "Witness Discounts" to ski lift tickets on holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving because traditionally all the JW's go skiing on those days? All the JW had to do to get the discount was present their "Blood Card". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!! Oh, by the way, the ski resorts were LOADED with JW's more than willing to take full advantage.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Same here...I stopped updating and submitting my card and forms five years ago!

The elders keep asking me for mine...for the cong file in case of an emergency. THEY TELL ME EVERYONE IN THE CONG NEEDS TO GIVE THEM A COPY FOR THE FILE!

I just keep fobbing them off...its none of their businesss!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I havn't carried a card for years. I can't even remember when I stopped it. If I make a decision about my life or death it will be made by me or my family. It won't be decided by a bit of card signed under duress and witnessed by some pocket nazi in my cong.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Don't let your kids carry that card.

• jemba
    jemba

Last 4 or 5 yrs in the cult it just didnt sit right with me so i didnt bother. I stopped trusting the org. I only carried my one of my kids cards with me for a couple of yrs till i decided that was dangerous for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit