Was it worth it?

by John Aquila 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

For those of you who left family and friends and had to start over from scratch just to get out of the organization, was it worth it?

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Yes, 100,000 times yes. I have aging parents that I will never speak to or hear from again. I lost every single old friend and family member I knew except my sister. I now have new friends, happy children, happy wife and I am free to be who I am.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I now have new friends, happy children, happy wife and I am free to be who I am.

Image result for thumbs up pic

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For those of you who left family and friends and had to start over from scratch just to get out of the organization, was it worth it?

For the Average Person..

The Losses are Unimaginable..

....................I`d Do It All Over Again..

...........................IN A HEART BEAT..
    Image result for heartbeat

• kairos
    kairos

I have a few family JWs that still sort of talk to me.
    Only because of my wife.
    Lost all friends. 100s

Of course, I have no regrets. The Watchtower SUCKS!!!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Yes it was! Not easy, not a quick process... but it is the best decision for my family.
  • kaik
    kaik
    Yes, absolutely. Considering how messed are JWs and how sad life many have, leaving was one of the best thing I have done.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    10000000% yes
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    It's not a matter of was it worth it, It was more a matter of not being able to go on with it any longer until there was no longer any option. When you get to that point, anything is an improvement even if you do have to take some big hits in many areas, the biggest being the loss of your own personal history and the network of friends you had built up over the years.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, although by the time I left I had few friends and not a lot of family left. Like Pete Zahut said, at some point you just cant go on as you were. My only regret is not leaving sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit