140+ years of its just around the corner the corner the corner..................

by fadinfast 4 Replies latest social humour

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

Outlaw you cracked me up with your hamsters, just my take. FF

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    Haha its funny I was only working it out today how long we have been proclaiming the end of the world, as that's the front page of our mags this month. I nearly died when I realised it was over 145 years to my knowledge!!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Not even Noah supposedly proclaimed the end of the world for this long!
  • Ding
    Ding

Instead of coming to the conclusion that the organization doesn't know what it's talking about, JWs think, "The end is even CLOSER now."

If any other religion had this record of failed predictions, JWs would laugh it to scorn.

• Splash
    Splash
    Ding If any other religion had this record of failed predictions, JWs would laugh it to scorn.

*** w14 5/1 p. 3 Some Successes, Many Failures ***
    RELIGIOUS LEADERS sometimes predict tragic worldwide events to warn mankind and gather followers. Doomsday prophet Harold Camping and his disciples widely advertised that the earth would be destroyed in 2011. Needless to say, the world is still here.

*** w12 2/1 p. 25 Will the Earth Come to an End? ***
    Some believed that the earth would end on October 21, 2011. It did not. Thus, the prophecy of U.S. radio broadcaster Harold Camping rang hollow.

*** g95 6/22 p. 3 Predictions of the World’s End ***
    In more recent times, a Ukraine-based religion called the Great White Brotherhood predicted that the world would end on November 14, 1993. In the U.S.A., a radio evangelist, Harold Camping, said the end of the world would come in September 1994. Obviously, these predictions of dates for the world’s end have been wrong.

But the WT Society are no better:

*** Studies in the Scriptures Vol.2 pg 101 ***
    "the "battle of the great day of God Almighty" (Rev.16:14) which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced."

*** Revelation Climax chap. 34 p. 246 par. 1 ***
    The John class today also wonders with great wonderment as events unfold in fulfillment of the prophetic vision. If people of the world could see it, they would exclaim, 'Incredible!' and the world's rulers would echo, 'Unthinkable!' But the vision becomes a startling 20th-century reality.

*** w1915 January 15th p.29 ***
    And now we realize that we stand on the threshold of the Kingdom, and that possibly our next report will not be to Brooklyn, but to Headquarters beyond the veil.

Oops!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit