Please don't feed the trolls.

by nicolaou 44 Replies latest members private

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

They have nothing to say but childish, off-topic, or annoying comments designed to make you angry. That's what they want. The only cure is to just stop caring.

It's really hard to ignore them but TRY! Don't respond - even to call them out as a troll - and they'll eventually give up. ANY little comment brings attention to their comments and bumps them to the top of the 'Active Topics' page. If the numbnut sees zero replies or if their topic disappears into the JWN ether they'll hopefully disappear with it and go looking elsewhere for the attention buzz they want.

I've said it many times but I'll say it again;

Don't feed it, don't make eye contact with it, don't poke it through the bars with a stick. Just walk away and feel sorry for it.

• DJS
    DJS

nicolaou,

Ditto a million times over. Well done.

• Oubliette
  • sir82
    sir82

Not a complicated message.

But easy to forget (myself included).

This post should be brought back to the top every time it is needed.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Or the mentally ill.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

This post should be stickied so that it's an ever present reminder

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Are you saying we should Shun them ?

• bigmac
    bigmac

a problem though--its easy to call a newer poster a troll--it happened to me 4 years ago. it was cantleaves intervention that straightened things out. i didnt even know what it meant back then.

i often see i'm the last poster on a thread. go on--prove me wrong

• cofty
    cofty

Thread killer.

Damn!

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Trolls who spam their trollishness then. No food for them. I'm gonna go read your first posts bigmac!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit