Could There Be Another Mass Exodus From This Cult?

by mrquik 89 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

It's happened before. How much crap can any rational human being take before they just snap & walk away disgusted?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I say yes. This might be the year of the "great fade". Remember Rehoboam. The people asked for relief from taxes, and Rehoboam decided rather to show the people who is boss. Overload an exhausted donkey and he may just toss his burden.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There was a large walking away post 1975, true.

But you ask "how can any rational human being............", apart from those who know TTATT to some degree and are still in for personal reasons, I think "rational" is simply now not a quality that you can ascribe to current J.W's.

Current JW's are quite happy to live with huge Cognitive Dissonance, to ignore all facts and evidence,and to swallow all the beyond silly new teachings, and now to pay even more each month for the "privilege".

If there were going to be an even significant Exodus I think we would have seen it by now.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Attendance numbers continue to drop. I think we are seeing a drying up of interest. Not a mass exodus per se, but a giant sigh.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Could There Be Another Mass Exodus From This Cult?

YES!!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Die hards will remain. There are those with so much invested spiritually/emotionally/socially etc, in the cult that they couldn't leave.

Many born ins won't stay as we know. I think it will soon be more than 2 out of 3 born ins that leave the filthy, disgusting, paedophile protecting, money grabbing disease of a cult.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Punk; It would be nice to see a "great crowd" head for the door. You're right though; there will always be die hards.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You don't crank up the rhetoric unless you're worried about losing the membership...

...and you don't worry about losing the membership if the possibility doesn't exist.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If Jehovah's Witnesses are representative of people everywhere, and I suspect they are, the die-hards would make up 20% of the congregation.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I agree with punkofnice. They are a grabbing disease of a cult. But the die hards will stick with it. No matter what proof you showed them. The more enlighten ones on the other hand may finally wake up and leave. We can only hope. But even if that happen the Wt. would put a spin on it like this. "Dear Brothers and Sisters who have remained from this mass exist this just show us they do not love us and god. We have proof we are truly living in the last days. Satan is working very hard to take us away from our oversight. We must be strong and not allow this to happen to us. Please send us more money so we can keep this fight aganist Satan wicked attacks from hurting us. After all a rich GB member is a strong GB member." LOL Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit