No more circuit assemblies

by justmeok 51 Replies latest jw friends

• justmeok
    justmeok

I heard from a reliable source that there will be no more 2 day assemblies, but instead 2 one days each year. Anyone heard this yet? Supposed to start new service year. More changes coming????

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is the commercial fraud known as the Watchtower Corporation starting to dismantle. ?

One can only hope.

• Londo111
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hey justme,

Registered 8 years ago! That's a lot of lurking before your first post! Londo's thread has the full elder letter, looks like spiritual food is becoming less important as the years roll by. As a kid I got 8 days but now it looks like its going to be just 5.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

They don't want people wasting money on hotels and restaurants.

Send your money to the society, and we will decide how to spend it for Kingdom purposes.

The Kool-aid at the assemblies will be available for a donation of $2.00. Please bring your own cups.

• joelfromgeorgia
    joelfromgeorgia

I remember Circuit Assemblies being Friday through Monday and going til 8 at night and District Assemblies being Thursday Through Sunday and again going way past 5 or 530

• prologos
    prologos

were there not 8-day assemblies in New York at one time? 8am to 8pm?

• sir82
    sir82

A switch to 2 district conventions - oops, sorry, gotta keep up with that speeding chariot, regional conventions - can't be far behind.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Praise the Lord.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This is so wonderful. Why didn't they have these fewer meetings and shorter meetings when I was a jw? I guess that modern day jws do not have the time and resources to sacrifice towards these meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit