The Literature Stands

by sherrie11 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

Now that i have broken the ice so to speak I will approach their stand and use your analogy smiddy. Its crazy batsh!t, they have memories like sieves.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Interesting. This indicates that the door to door work is no longer effective and that witnesses are losing heart because when you think about it, the stands are more for the witnesses to reaffirm their separateness from the world rather than actively preaching/presenting the "good news".

The witnesses still feel they are dong something as service but don't have to actually engage.

Funny it used to be called the warning work. I'm glad they don't apply this method of warning in the Fire Dept!

• prologos
    prologos

Were there not instructions in the past to "not just stand" but to WALK & talk with people? a la Etheopian eunuch situation?

smiddy, good illustration, fishing line with the wrong bait, no bait, fisherman napping or

reading, texting-- jwfacts jw.net

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

I picked up a few clues in regard to the 'sister'. She mentioned her dad was jailed in Belgium for anti war sentiments. What she was , was so ignorant about was the past teachings of pro-actively proselytising.

Unflippabley unbelievable!!

I hope i will be a return visit it certainly cured my nervousness when confronted by JW's.

Who pays for the stand's?

Maybe in the secret part of the JW.ORG site they supply the PDF file and say print them yourself.

The modern JW is so different from the 1999's version.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

religious stands they are "the new rage" I guess.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/battle-of-beliefs-baptist-evangelist-nation-of-islam-muslim-and-jehovah-witnesses-vie-for-souls-at-new-yorks-subway-stations-112512/

I must admit the JW gives the better witness, even though he sounds like a robot.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

After Netflix wins the video war, the WT could probably get some good deals on these.

Change the logo, and maybe even change the top to look like a Watchtower, fill it with their crap and wah-lah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit