The Literature Stands

by sherrie11 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

Just got a visit from two JW's and I mentioned the literature stands they have now.

I mentioned I walk past their stand they set up in my town every thursday on my way to work. Last week the stand was smaller and I asked why was it smaller. no answer..... I then said you guys usually go door to door dont you? Why the change?. He answered due to people having busier lives etc.

The 'sister' added 'well, in regard to our stalls we are not like greenpeace or others that approach you on the street. I said yeah I cross the road if i see them. The 'sister' replied ' yes we dont approach them we wait for them to approach us.

WTF !!!!

I thought the whole purpose of the witnessing work was for them to find every opportunity to approach people and preach the good news.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When I was a child in the early sixties and my mom was vacation pioneering, she would start her time while walking me to school. One block away from my school there was a bus stop where we both stood silent holding up the latest mags. I hated doing this because my teacher and school mates would see me standing there. In these days the mags were much larger in size than today's so I would try to hide behind them. At that time we just stood silent, but sometime later we were instructed to approach the people to start a conversation. From that moment on fewer publishers went out to do street corner work...

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe they should change their name to "Jehovah's bystanders."

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Funny, we just spent the afternoon walking the Pier at a local beach. The moment we stepped on the pier on each side there was the little literature stands with their owners just sitting in some comfortable chairs chit chatting away. I just couldn't resist telling the how easy they got it :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The 'sister' replied ' yes we dont approach them we wait for them to approach us.

...................................................What about the WBT$ Spiritual Ark?..

...............*Noah Thinks to Himself*..........................Do you think we should....................Nah..

.."Maybe I Should Have Warned Someone".....................Warn People?.............They`ll figure it out..

.................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one "_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 206

LOL. " So we wait for them to approach us " guess how many we missed today ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

OUTLAW !!!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

That's a classic OUTLAW!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

That's a classic OUTLAW

ditto.

However, wasn't the comment made that jehover does a heart condition x-ray of everyone walking by. The literature stands that I observed in busy subway stations in NYC suggests that there is not much hope for the hardened city dwellers.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This religion is getting sillier and sillier every year , was it "new light" from Jehovahs progressive organization that now instructs jw`s to sit at a literature stand waiting for some / sheep to come to them ?

Can you imagine a shepherd standing in a field waiting for the sheep to come to him ? ( No, you dont have to do anything they will come to us )

How about a fisherman who sits in a boat and waits for the fish to jump on board ? ( No, you dont need a net or fishing lines they will jump in the boat )

sighhhhhh how do you reason with people like this.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit