BOE letter: New lights new changes

by pixel 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

What you think??

Re: Adjustments to Draw Close to Jehovah

Dear Brothers:

Some changes involving our understanding of the meaning of God’s name and what it re p- resents have been made to the first chapter of Draw Close to Jehovah. Because this book will be studied at the Congregation Bible Study beginning the week of January 6, 2014, arrangements have been made to update the text in the digital formats that are available on jw.org by December 31, 2013. Updated files in the EPUB, HTML, MOBI (Amazon Kindle), PDF, and Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY formats will be released simultaneously. The audio recording of chapter 1 also will be redone and released at the same time. If the updated chapter is available in the lan- guage of your congregation, the brothers assigned to conduct or read for the Congregation Bible Study should be sure to use the latest text. Check the publishers’ page for the words “December 2013 Printing” to ensure that you have the latest text. This appears in all electronic copies except the HTML format.

At times, you may notice that the text of publications on jw.org does not match what is in a printed copy of the same publication. Reprinting publications to include updated information can take months or even years. However, the copies on jw.org can be updated more quickly. Therefore, the publication on jw.org will always contain the most up-to-date version of the text. Printed copies of the book Draw Close to Jehovah that contain the aforementioned changes will not be available before the book is studied in the congregations. Therefore, do not request a new printed copy in expectation that it will contain the updated information.

We are pleased to have the means to make these updates available to you quickly so you can benefit by having the updated understanding available when you study this material. — Prov. 4:18.

Be assured of our warm love and best wishes.

Pixel: This is the more telling part of how they think.

PS to coordinator of the body of elders:

Since this matter is time sensitive, please arrange for this letter to be read to the congre- gation at the first Service Meeting or Watchtower Study after its receipt. Thereafter, it should be posted on the information board.

Pixel: If they made this change months in advance because of the "new understanding of the meaning of God's name", (it's included in their new Bible) why they did not make the change right way? they had a lot of time, not waiting until the last minute.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Wow cant believe they actually quoted proverbs.. this should be a RED flag

can someone find what they changed?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This looks like the start of a deliberate effort to get the rank and file used to printing their own meeting and study material or viewing it digitally on tablets instead, leaving only the professional printed stuff for the ministry where appearance is everything....

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

OK what we need to do is have SD-7 write a complete new SD-7 version of the draw close to god book and send it out to dubs!

SD-7 time to go to work.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Who gives a flying xxxx what they are trying to accomplish. You're either in the xxxxing cult or your not.

[Edited for language, guideline 3. - jgnat]

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Hello, Pixel!

Thank you! Have you the letter in pdf, jpg, etc? I need letter for my blog in spanish: hildeydesa.blogspot.com

Thank you very much!

Merry Holidays!

Regards from Chile!

• pixel
    pixel

Hi Hildebrando. I have it, but I dont know how to upload it. Stay around and somebody else will post the PDF :-)

• Ding
    Ding

"The truth"... ever changing...

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Whats been changed?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Just as I have been thinking, the WT is moving to a push to use electronic formats, having pubs print out thier own material. MUCH less paper ink etc,. Plus easier to change. Since changing words has never been a real problem for them with the "faithful". They can change at anytime online. VERY convenient.

Putting the burden of cost even more onto the individual JWs in the "placements" of literature. Pretty soont here will be official reccomendation of which printer and ink to buy, maybe even through the WT. I can so totally see that. Another source of revenue income.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit