BOE letter: New lights new changes

by pixel 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bigmac
  • Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Interestingly, this time sensitive letter hasn't been released in the UK yet, so it'll be next week before it is read out at the earliest!

The (not so) pure one

• bigmac
    bigmac

narcissistic supply--

Who gives a flying xxxx what they are trying to accomplish. You're either in the xxxxing cult or your not.

i couldnt agree more.

[Edited for language, guideline 3 - jgnat]

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL, but here we all are opening this thread and reading every word the cult just said about it....

I need to get a life.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

So the "change" has to do with the meanign of Gods name and the subsaquent explanation?

I'm not sure I get it.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

in the interest of continuing my fade peacefully without my still-in, out of state family finding out, I need to stay somewhat current on the new [flickering] light. Could someone explain this new info on gods name? what are they feeding them now??

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Some changes involving our understanding of the meaning of God’s name and what it represents have been made ...

WTF? God's name now had a new meaning?!?

These guys have really lost it. (Not that they ever "had" it!)

• pixel
    pixel

I think it has to do with this:

What is the meaning of the name Jehovah? In Hebrew, the name Jehovah comes from a verb that means “to become,” and a number of scholars feel that it reflects the causative form of that Hebrew verb. Thus, the understanding of the New World Bible Translation Committee is that God’s name means “He Causes to Become.” Scholars hold varying views, so we cannot be dogmatic about this meaning. However, this definition well fits Jehovah’s role as the Creator of all things and the Fulfiller of his purpose. He not only caused the physical universe and intelligent beings to exist, but as events unfold, he continues to cause his will and purpose to be realized.

Therefore, the meaning of the name Jehovah is not limited to the related verb found at Exodus 3:14, which reads: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become” or, “I Will Prove to Be What I Will Prove to Be.” In the strictest sense, those words do not fully define God’s name. Rather, they reveal an aspect of God’s personality, showing that he becomes what is needed in each circumstance to fulfill his purpose. So while the name Jehovah may include this idea, it is not limited to what he himself chooses to become. It also includes what he causes to happen with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose.

From the appendix of the new Bible (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/appendix-a/tetragrammaton-divine-name/)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Hilde. I will take a look at it. I dont know if you currently go to the KH, but the letter is going to be posted on the board after is read. Maybe you can steal it and scan it and then put it back :-).....Pixel

...... No need to take the Letter Off the Board..

Take a Picture of It with your Phones and Tablets..

.........................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I listened as this letter was being read to the congregation and the first thing that came to mind was....'what a dysfunctional organization the WTBTS is!'

No wonder soo many Elders are jumping ship!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit