Sighhhhhhhh, the Draw Close to Jehovah book again for the Congregation Bible Study.

by Stand for Pure Worship 53 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

JEN1 - Don't call me trendy, I've just always had a liking for flared pants & platform soled shoes!! :)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The following Scripture totally encapsulates what is taking place week in, week out at Kingdom Halls and 3 times each year at the assemblies and convention - nothing new, let alone encouraging, just the same old "do more and give more":

(Hebrews 5:12) " For, indeed, although YOU ought to be teachers in view of the time, YOU again need someone to teach YOU from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and YOU have become such as need milk, not solid food."

The constant repetition of propaganda about the the Org and the GB is really becoming mind-numbing, and by the attitudes of many, it is becoming clear that they just switch off their thinking abilities and go through the motions by simply attending the indoctrination sessions.

• KateWild
    KateWild

2+2=5, I like the octopope reference, funny. I call them the Egotiscal 8.

So the Cong "Bile" Study will be "Draw close the the GB" you will be learning about the four qualities the GB have. LOVE WISDOM JUSTICE AND POWER. Sadly I won't be learning any of this as the octopope don't actually have power over me.

SFPW,

The Ego 8, don't have to have power over you, they are very wise, afterall they are a multi-billion dollar organisation, you are one of their worker bee's. Make your plans to exit and make your stand for pure worship SFPW, we love you here, you are funny.

Take care love Sam xxx

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Oh my God. I remember telling my mom when I stopped going to meetings in 2006 "I'm not learning anything new." That really does hit the nail on the head. When I came back this year, it was more of the same BS. It was good for me to have an Inactive period because then, I really knew it wasn't the "truth" anymore.

I wonder what will be next???That TRULY AWFUL Isaiah rubbish?? I nearly lost my will to live studying those 2 books. No pre-study done at all. Bad enough at the book study!!!

I feel dead sorry for those of you who will have to sit through this pantomime all over again.

Merry Christmas

• nightvision
    nightvision

SFPW

Please update us regarding how your personal research is going re JW doctrines IE :607-1914 , the generation , the 2 class 2 hopes , the 144000 (literal number or symbolic) , the faithfull and wise slave (parable or prophecy ) ?

As a regular poster on here it would seem highly improbable that you havent been doing some research outside of watchtower publications .

Have you taken a different view or reviewed any previously held beliefs regarding any of the above subjects ?

• Splash
    Splash

And it's so old, you can't even download an epub version from their website - they only have it there as a PDF.
    That's going to be rubbish for studying and following along on a tablet. Some ereaders don't even support PDF.

I looked for it online a moment ago, selected 'Books' and sorted in Newest First order. Five pages of publications came up.

Guess which page this book was on - yeah you got it, the last page, third from last book.
    Only 'My Book of Bible Stories' and 'The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived' are older!

Splash.

• sir82
    sir82

Just thank God we're not covering the Isaiah books again!

And just imagine - with the book study reduced to 30 minutes, it would twice as long to slog through them as the first time.

Talk about your cruel & unusual punishment....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you must be there for a repeat of the book, at least you can not bother to pay attention. Use the same book you used before and people will see it was underlined. That's all that actually matters to them.

Edited to add: The leftover books in stock are the real factor determining what needs to be covered at meetings or offered in recruiting.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The mind numbing comments about Jehovahs qualities will sound like gushing school girls talking about the latest British boy band.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FROM THE KM: "Congregations previously considered this book during 2004 and 2005. However,for many of the approximately two million publishers who have come into the truth since then...."

Two million joined the Org in 9 years?

But what was the NET increase? How many left?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit