Sighhhhhhhh, the Draw Close to Jehovah book again for the Congregation Bible Study.

by Stand for Pure Worship 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

sir82 knows what's up.

• steve2
    steve2

I was royally chewed out for that and told that EVERY body was to be counted!

I'd argue that an attentive guide dog for a blind brother or sister is far more deserving of being counted as being preent than those bored-out-of-their skulls attendees who are in various stages of stupor.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

However,for many of the approximately two million publishers who have come into the truth since then,this will be the first time that Jehovah’s endearing qualities have been discussed in detail.

They are trying to put a positive spin on it, but it does not hold water. Interestingly they mention that 2 million have come in, not that there are only 1 million more. Many of the 2 million that came in over the last ten years will have already left. Also, a large portion of those 2 million are JW kids that did study the book whilst children. It is unlikely that there are more than 500,000 out of the 7,500,000 JWs that have not studied that book before. Being a JW is mind numbingly boring.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They have been recycling books for the weekday study for quite a while. Possible reasons that come to mind:

There is still a remaining stock of the book they want to get rid of. I think that is the main reason they studied the Revelation book like 666 times.

They don't have any other book available (to save money they haven't printed many books recently)

They can't think of anything to write about. The writing staff is mostly laid off.

They are afraid to produce any actual 'meat' for the flock. A sensible commentary like the one on James would be a benefit to everyone, but of course that will never happen again.

They are leading up to discontinuing the weekday study. Does it really make sense to have one meeting and call it three? It's a joke.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@dropoffyourkeylee- Do you remember the book from 1979 " Commentary On The Letter Of James"?

it was a boring book to me. I had read that the writer of this book as well as of "Choosing The Best Way of Life" and from 1980 'Happiness-How To Find It" was disfellowshipped so the books went out of print.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Is SFPW - Miz?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Angus, I am SFPW. It's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Sam xx

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Jehovah’s endearing qualities"

Such as letting storms destroy cities and kill millions when he has the power to stop them.

Letting the confusion of multitudes of religions go on and on.

But the reason they go voer books again is that book were released at conventions to bring in revenue and then to study at book studies. But the revenue does not come in so much these days and with the internet being the publishing focus, it is more of a loss to publish books.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

imagine if they DO study the Revelation book again after the Draw Close book, and after that the Jeremiah book again!

Maybe they can work the Babylon book into the rotation.

Rub a Dub

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think all this is great news !

I believe that for many the first step in waking up is when you get right royally bored at Meetings.

If there is no spiritual experience to be had there, then there is no reason to put up with the pain that is the rest of the experience, especially the pain in the numb bum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit