Is JWN an unforgiving place

by usualusername 64 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Over many years I have looked at JWN. In fact barely a day goes by without my fix.

It is a site of contradictions.

Sometimes it has a level of unforgiving that scares me. Yet most of the time I realise that for all its faults it has actually saved many lives.

How would you describe the tone of JWN?

UUN

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

The tone to me feels hostile.

• Watkins
    Watkins

The 'tone' of JWN is as varied as the people who post here. An internet forum isn't 'forgiving' or 'unforgiving' - people are. It's the people who've reached out to others in need, not the forum itself. So - kudos to the people of JWN! A nice mix of diverse personalities and abilities, imo.

Watkins

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I can't speak for JWN as whole, but I have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't agree with me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hostile? No. Lively? Yes. Haven't you noticed, too, that when someone asks for support it is generously given? Lots of genuine compassion here, not such a bad place.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

The people on this site are mostly honest and honesty is not always what you want to hear.

I like the site for the fact that it offers people some support... maybe even friends.

• sir82
    sir82

Some people seem to confuse "please provide evidence for your assertions" with "hostility".

• cofty
    cofty

Like Hortensia said, people who need support, sympathy or advice get lots of it.

• This_suit_doesnt_fit
    This_suit_doesnt_fit

JWN is a place of non-submission. A person demanding submission of the posters is always offended.

Religion is about submission. A follower must submit to the ideas of the leaders. Anyone who doesnt submit is "bad".

Members are tired of being controlled and stand up for themselves and common sense. The controllers hate that.

It appears unforgiving to a controller when no one validates their delusions or hold their beliefs to the light of rationality.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Being in a religion where everyone thinks the same, acts the same, dresses the same, behaves the same.... it is refreshing to come to a place where everyone disagrees, fights it out, argues and disrespects each other's beliefs.

Sometimes I come on here and see all the arguements between believers and non believers and think 'Oh no... not again'... groooooan. I feel frustrated and go off and read all the threads that have nothing to do with it. Yet at the end of the day, I'm glad about it because we are all finding our own identity, finding our freedom, freedom of mind, freedom of spirit and that's priceless.

I'm a believer but have actually have become rather fond of many of the atheists on board... As was said on another thread about the differences between men and women 'Vive la différence!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit