Persecution of Mormies and Joe witnesses in the USA

by fulltimestudent 2 Replies latest social current

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

This may interest some, so I'm posting the link (Does not interest me, as I feel persecuted by the witnesses).

Its an interview on the Australian National Radio Service with a researcher from Sydney University.

The link is: http://ussc.edu.au/news-room/Religious-persecution-in-the-United-States

And the introductory blurb states:

The United States has long been seen as a safe haven for minorities fleeing religious persecution, but that doesn't mean its own history is free of faith-based discrimination. Lecturer David Smith talks to Richard Glover about his research into the persecution of Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses in the US during the 19th and 20th century.

• Glander
    Glander

Neither are "persecuted" today, nor have been for some time. Both of these organized schemes have modified their holy, God given dogma to accomodate practical ($) situations.

I will watch the vid. when I can, but I assume the polygamy, whites only, no flag salute, draft dodgers, early days might have had something to do with this desparate mining for content in todays media market. Australian radio needs something to talk about too.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And they were persecuted for being right cranks, like with polygamy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit