cantleave

A grey bible - woohoo!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

...and a Bible Museum!

How happifying!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So what's in the envelope for the children?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

BILLY! i was missin' you

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Can someone post a scan/photo of Jeremiah 25:8-12, including cross-references column? Betting there's been some changes.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sorry, no scan or photo because I can't be arsed. Not sure if this means anything, but here are the changes.

1984 NW: “Therefore this is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘ “For the reason that YOU did not obey my words, 9 here I am sending and I will take all the families of the north,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even sending to Neb·u·chad·rezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these nations round about; and I will devote them to destruction and make them an object of astonishment and something to whistle at and places devastated to time indefinite. 10 And I will destroy out of them the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the hand mill and the light of the lamp. 11 And all this land must become a devastated place, an object of astonishment, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years.”’ 12 “ ‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·deans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite.

2013 NWT: “Therefore this is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘ “Because you would not obey my words, 9 here I am sending for all the families of the north,” declares Jehovah, “even sending for King Neb·u·chad·nezzar* the king of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these surrounding nations round about. and I will devote them to destruction and make them an object of horror and something to whistle at and a perpetual ruin. 10 And I will put an end to the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing from them, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the hand mill and the light of the lamp. 11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’ 12 “ ‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chaldeans a desolate wasteland for all time.

*A footnote acknowledges the actual use of "Nebuchadrezzar", as a "variant spelling".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Thanks. I was also interested in whether they've removed the cross-references from verse 12 that point to Daniel 5:26,30 in the old NWT.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Nope; "when 70 years have been fulfilled" links to De 30:3, Ezr 1:1, 2, and Jer 29:10, "for their error" links to Isa 47:1, Jer 51:1, and Da 5:26, 30, and "for all time" links to Isa 13:1, 19 and Isa 14:4, 23.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Apognophos:

Nope; "when 70 years have been fulfilled" links to De 30:3, Ezr 1:1, 2, and Jer 29:10, "for their error" links to Isa 47:1, Jer 51:1, and Da 5:26, 30, and "for all time" links to Isa 13:1, 19 and Isa 14:4, 23.

Thanks. I'm a little surprised they haven't changed it, since the assocation of the end of the 70 years with the fall of the Babylonian empire contradicts their own (wrong) interpreation of the 70 years. I really didn't think they were that stupid. Silly me.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Steve2-- what the heck is AGM? I guess I have been out of the Borg for too long, I don't know the acronyms anymore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit