AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

- 3 days to go

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

They take more pride in the NWT than anything else. It's their largest theological achievement, in their eyes. So I really don't think it has anything to do with changing their actual bible. If anything, it's got to be a new reference bible. Their current reference bible is a collection of key theological beliefs and explanations of prophecy and other bullshit, so they are probably cleaning all that up and updating it reflecting all the New Light (TM) that is now old light, slipping some New New Light (TM) in for shits and giggles, but leaving the actual biblical text alone. Probably a new format, smaller than the old reference bible. This is the safest, and likeliest option.

I really don't think they have the brainpower to pull off a substantive translation update. I could see them wanting to write a more "plain English" version, but being based on the same translation. Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to weasel in some language that strengthens their interpretations. This option is obviously more risky, but might have a bigger pay off in getting all these idiots excited.

Either way, we can bet on the fact that they will make it sound like a bigger deal than it really is and that it will have zero impact on getting new converts.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

So when Oct 5 happens. How are we going to know what was discussed in that meeting? I marked my calendar, lol.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I wouldn't put it past them to weasel in some language that strengthens their interpretations. This option is obviously more risky, but might have a bigger pay off in getting all these idiots excited.

actually now that I think about it, if they introduce a new NWT, this would be a HUGE deal to many JW's that are riding the fence. Their is so much history now with the NWT that the majority of R&F would never accept criticism.

however, if they print a new bible it may cause enough curiosity and open a door for many to hear criticism in a different light.

I am starting to doubt a new NWT. This to me will cause thousands to question the new consolidated leadership.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

--> Most people who “heard” those trumpets, or at least was old enough to understand the message, is dead by now. So why don’t move this to a future event? <--

I'm still "in" but if they screw around with the horn-blowing in Cedar Point Ohio in 1922, I'm outta here.

Rub a Dub

• prologos
    prologos

it would be like the CoLDS (mormon) members trying to get hold of new protestant bibles to see for themselfs that The book of Mormon copied the erroneous KJ wording. Neither LDS nor WTBtS will be proven to be "spirit" directed, when scrutinizing their "Word of God" work.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

wallsofjericho,

I'm not sure they care if thousands question the leadership at this point.

They are obviously planning on decreases in publishers with the branch closings and all the consolidation.

Maybe they are just preparing for the inevitable/intentional fallout.

I think they would prefer 1,000,000 mindless members sending them $100.00 a month ($100,000,000/mth total) than a bunch of pesky "thinkers" with all their questions.

They can always explain it away as "persecution", "refinements", or "cleansing".

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

"I'm still "in" but if they screw around with the horn-blowing in Cedar Point Ohio in 1922, I'm outta here." Rub a Dub

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

I mean they can play around with these doctrines to keep the R&F entertained , without "hurting" anyone.

• warehouse
    warehouse
    daniel-p wrote:

If anything, it's got to be a new reference bible.

This is what a bethelite who works directly in the bindery at Wallkill basically eluded to me. That the reference NWT, deluxe NWT, hardcover NWT, and softcover NWT are all being discontinued, and combined into one single format. It makes sense, that way they only have to print one kind of bible.

*It should be noted that this bethelite is a peon. He tests the glue they use, so take the above info with a grain of salt.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I've felt ( and heard the same sentiment ) that this meeting is going to be a big 'tent revival' sales meeting.

Announcing new developments in 'streamlining' the organization to be more cost effective (selling off of old properties, reducing the worldwide staff, reduction of paper publications, etc.)

Announcing a revised edition of the NWT Bible (maybe a simplified version).

Announcing that Jehovah is 'speeding up the work' and the org needs "all hands on deck" for volunteer service (new construction, moving to areas where the need is greater, increased donations, pushing full time service on children, etc.)

The meeting is broadcast to affluent areas of the world - for a reason. I'm expecting statements like 'we all need to make sacrifices for our less fortunate brothers around the world'.

Announcing a new regular program of live / streamed talks and meetings given by members of the 'Governing Body'.

They've stirred the doctrinal 'pot' enough this year. I'm not expecting any changes in Biblical interpretation - but they will repeat over and over that the GB is in CHARGE and how we are all so fortunate to be under their direction, care and protection.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit