JW New Bible

by JW GoneBad 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There's a lot of rumble in the grapevine of JWs that there difinitely is a new Bible that 'Mother' is releasing at the upcoming AGM.

It would be awesome if we could get a sneak peek at some of the changes.

Sure would be nice if some of the lurkers on this forum who work at Bethel in the writing, shipping or printing department could help us out. This would really irritate 'Mom'!

I, for example wonder if the wording of Romans 10:13 is being changed to reflect more accurately that Paul was indeed referring to Jesus in this verse and not 'Jehovah' where currently it reads: 'For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.'

How about it, can anyone help us out?

• Splash
    Splash

I would like to see both the old and new versions put into a word processor to identify every change.

Splash

• oppostate
    oppostate

I would like to see both the old and new versions put into a word processor to identify every change.

To do this is would be good to get the text from JW.org and put it into a txt file.

Then when the new Bible is released go back to the site and download the update.

Change this to a txt and then filter both files to compare.

• sir82
    sir82

If true, I suspect it is one of the most closely guarded publications in the history of Bethel.

I would suspect the threat is immediate "dishonorable discharge" from Bethel for any leakers.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'I would suspect the threat is immediate "dishonorable discharge" from Bethel for any leakers.'

Loyalty to 'Mother' has been on the wane for some time. More and more could give a rats' behind what WT thinks.

I'm hopeful we'll get some good feed-back.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Well, according to the recorded conversation with Bethel Headquarters ... provided by RayPublisher here ... there are "people who are brilliant in their study of the original Greek and the original Hebrew, they're coming to new conclusions about things because of their ongoing research". Perhaps these new conclusions are incorporated in the New World Translation - Revised Edition .... or perhaps Freddy sent them some updates from his heavenly throne.

• blondie
    blondie

If I remember correctly the "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book was released either at the Service Meeting or on a Sunday not at a convention or assembly in 1983. I can remember some jws saying beforehand that it meant Armageddon was soon to start.

Does any other oldtime remember something similar?

• St George of England
    St George of England

A couple of weeks ago a poster on here uploaded a picture of Guy Pierce with the new Bible. The guy claimed to have had a brief look at it.

George

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I remember that!

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

"If I remember correctly the "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book was released either at the Service Meeting or on a Sunday not at a convention or assembly in 1983." I remember that book but I can't remember if it was released at a service meeting or not? Thats a wicked memory you have Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit