We Are Not Witnesses For JEHOVAH - According to the Bible

by The Searcher 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Jehovah gave His worshippers a prophesied new name, (Isa. 62:2; Acts 11:26) but in J.F. Rutherford's eyes it was not distinctive enough from a marketing point of view, (having restructured "the business" after its severe contraction in the 20s due to his failed 'vision') so he came up with a name which featured the creator's distinctive name, "Jehovah's Witnesses" - a business strategy employed in those days by Kellog and many others.

We now describe them as 'designer names'.

Here are the Scriptural proofs, but of course, they may count for nothing in some people's eyes because the "Glorious Ones" in Brooklyn say differently!

"Choose for yourself", as Joshua said!

Christian Witnesses

Isaiah 62:2 - "... be called by a new name, which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate.

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Matthew 10:18 - ".....for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations. my sake, for a witness to them."

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses of me...."

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - " the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me ."

John 8:18 - " the Father who sent me bears witness about me ." me ; and YOU in turn , are to bear witness."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness....." his (Jesus') witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witnessfor him [Jesus] to all men......"

Acts 22:20 - "......the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "..... a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 - "I [Jesus]..choose you as an attendant and a witness. .respecting me "

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ........ "

1 Tim. 2:6,7 - "... what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness..... ..."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "....of the witness about our Lord.... [Christ ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives...the witness God gives, the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son

." bearing witness to Jesus ."

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus ."

Revelation 17:6 - "........and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus ."

Revelation 19:10-"..the work of witnessing to Jesus .... bearing witness to Jesus." for the witness they bore to Jesus."

• *lost*
    *lost*

And Jesus was a Jew not a 'christian'.

• The Searcher
  • Fernando
    Fernando

If the Watchtower's Witnesses could only see the precarious position they are placing themselves in.

(Mark 8:38) .?.?.For whoever becomes ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will also be ashamed of him when he arrives in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

(Luke 12:8, 9) 8?“I say, then, to YOU, Everyone that confesses union with me before men, the Son of man will also confess union with him before the angels of God. 9?But he that disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent scriptures Searcher. Thank you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We Fired Jesus!..

God wouldn`t have a Job without the WBT$..

Try To Keep Up!..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

In fact there is nothing in the NT that says Jehovah's Witnesses. When I was believing that scripture in Acts 1:8 and Acts 11:26 did not have any significance regarding the name change in 1931. The WTS was still made up of members that considered themselves all "spiritual" Israelities. Then Isaiah 43:10-12 could be stretched to apply to the Bible Students then. But when the concept of the great crowd being non-anointed with an "earthly hope" crystallized in 1935, many members were confused. If only anointed were Israelites, how could the non-anointed be jws? For the first 3 years of the memorial, non-anointed jws were not expected to attend.

*** w95 7/1 p. 15 par. 5 “The Israel of God” and the “Great Crowd” ***

In 1934 other sheep were encouraged to submit to water baptism. In 1935 they were identified with the “great crowd” of Revelation chapter 7. In 1938 they were invited to attend the Memorial of the death of Jesus Christ as observers.

*** w81 2/1 pp. 21-22 par. 6 The Time for a Watchman like Ezekiel ***

Ezekiel’s people were the ones to whom Jehovah had earlier said by his prophet Isaiah: “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen.’” (Isa. 43:10-12) So Ezekiel pictured the organized body of Jehovah’s spirit-anointed witnesses at the present time, the spiritual Israelites. These anointed witnesses live in a time far more meaningful than Ezekiel’s day.

*** w58 11/15 p. 698 par. 17 Reading the Meaning of the Signs and Wonders ***

To the anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites Isaiah 43:10 says: “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen.’” This servant class has to be seen; it has to let itself be heard in order to be witnesses of Jehovah. And in order to join with the anointed servant class in the world-wide witness work, the great flock of dedicated sheeplike persons has to be seen in union with them and let themselves be heard in unison with them.

*** w82 2/1 p. 23 par. 13 God’s Purpose in Having Some “Born Again” ***

One of the main purposes of God in having the “good news” preached in all the nations is “to take out of them a people for his name.” (Acts 15:14) Since God’s name is Jehovah, these are known as witnesses for Jehovah. (Isaiah 43:10-12) It is not that these anointed followers of Jesus Christ are the only ones to tell the “good news” to the meek ones, to make disciples and witness for Jehovah God. Rather, just as in ancient Israel Jehovah’s laws applied also to the alien residents in their midst, so the commands given to the spiritual Israelites apply also to their companions, the “great crowd” of “other sheep.”—John 10:16; Revelation 7:9.

So if the GC are not spiritual Israelites does Isaiah 43:10-12 apply to the millions of non-anointed jws...NO

• sspo
    sspo

JW are experts in picking one scripture out of the bible and making a whole doctrine out of it such as blood, name of Jehovah, torture stake, preaching of the kingdom and not Jesus and on and on.

• prologos
    prologos

there are more spiritual Israelites than the "anointed 144k", because

the sealed 144 k come OUT of the 12 tribes "spiritual" tribes. and:

Rev. 20:4 " And I saw thrones ----for the witness they bore to JESUS and speaking about GOD--- and they came to life to rule as kings with him for the thousand years."

In that text, God's name is prominent by it's absence.

BG/FDS proclaims they will be going to heaven to rule sonn before Armageddon? not according to this text.

"Witness they bore to JESUS" and martyrdom are required. The wt 15/7 2013 wrong.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yeah remember they first called the new members of the great crowd Jonadabs and not JW's. Like Blondie said they were not good enough to be JW's ' Also lets not forget that since the great tribulation did not break out in 1914 which they admitted by the 1960's then infact there is no great crowd yet. So who are all these good hearted christians then??? Oops houston we have a problem. Great thread Searcher! Like your post Outlaw funny and so true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit