Integrity over living a lie....

by Happier 27 Replies latest jw friends

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hello Happier,

I am so glad all these comments have helped you. You truly have had a terrible experience. I agree with Robert and Adam that said check out some websites especially jwfacts and jwsurvey. I personally found them useful. Also the BITE model by Steve Hassan was great too.

I agree also that when the pain of losing your best friend ever surfaces, it’s good to come here and vent, we are here to support you whenever you need it.

It’s nice of you to say you have a good relationship with your mum. That shows you are a genuine and thoughtful person. You have done really well for yourself at age 20 moving to a new city, congratulations!!!!! I am so very glad to see that you are now happier.

Warm regards

70wksofyrs

• flipper
    flipper

HAPPIER- Thanks for sharing your story and please know you are among friends here- some who have suffered abuse like yourself. I'm so sorry that you were abused like that from your dad and then suffered psychological abuse from he elders as well ! I'm glad to hear that you have moved on in your life and are proceeding to find freedom of mind. Hang in there. I agree with A Bible Student- read Steve Hassan's books on mind control - they really helped me to see how I was deceived and controlled by the WT Society fully and helped me to heal mentally. We are here for you. Take care. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hello Happier,

Its mum here. I do hope you read this one day soon. We had a big fall out today, I am hoping it all blows over soon. I love you dearly, and I am very proud of you my precious.

Please click on my name to see some of my threads and posts

Lots of love your momma xxx

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

It did blow over my love. I am so proud of you for being such a wonderful young lady xxx

• clarity
    clarity

Hmmmm not sure exactly what is happening in your family

but remember this ......

You will never go wrong by being kind,

>

Blood is thicker than water,

>

Forever is a long time,

>

Never bite your nose off ...to spite your face,

>

When all is said & done ..family is the best we've got!

>

clarity

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Clarity its complicated, but I let the chips fall, and we are all ok today

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Such respect I have for both of you, Happier and your Mum.

It's very difficult many times to do what you know is the right, healthy thing in your life.

Sometimes, it's the one you have trust in the most that you take out your anger on. This is because that persons love feels safe enough to endure the anger. Mum, try to remember that when your daughter gets so angry.( I went through being the receiver of lots of anger myself for a time with my child, and it's extremely difficult and hurtful.) But there can eventually be another side to come forth, a wonderful one.

I hold you both in my prayers that the peace and happiness you seek with friendships and accepting family, will come sooner rather than later. Due to the organizations hold on you both for so very long, it's a long road from what all people I read about, say. It's also worth it, from what all the people I read about, say.

I just wanted to chime in now, as your posting, both of you, touched my heart.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for a new overlapping generation of forum members....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit