Private meetings banned??

by franticfran 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

This is a bunch of tripe. I would suggest that you change the meeting to a study/discussion using the publications as a way to prepare for field service. Then suggest everyone discuss the topic of the cross. Look it all up in the Imperial bible dictionary.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is one critically important catch to this independent study which is the key factor regulating its approval

and that is are you studying with the literature of the WTS. in hand while studying the bible ???,

for without it you would most likely see that the Watchtower Corporation has manipulated, lied and exploited the bible for

their proliferation and commercialization of its published literature.

The formula to this corrupt brainwashing is read the WTS. literature on the many various subjects and then read the

quoted scriptures selectively taken out of context in support of their staid interpretation.

They call this feeding the flock with food from the Faithful Slave.

• prologos
    prologos

since the elders consider the local congo as their fifdom, they would interpret any discussion of "spiritual ' matters a challenge to their authority, which of course is established by appointment from the WT BtS command chain. and verified by the aquiecense of the R&F.

I f you can find anyone that is willing to discuss wt/bible material outside the kh, count yourself to be lucky.

JWs, but particularly anyone in position, missionaries, cos dos will sigh and grimace when confronted with any meaningful bible question.

of course such discussions do exist,

thank you Simon and all.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The WTs version of "independent study":

"Jehovah's people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah's organization....

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation"

In other words, The WT has the only acceptable answers. Just read their literature- it says so right there.

If you want verification, just ask WT and they'll tell you they're right.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Totally correct statement: ...Jehovah's people are receiving AMPLE instruction...

Yes. I received it AMPLY, I am amply full to the brim with ample instruction so I don't have room for even just one more thing from those jerks.

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, the original article says this group was learning ancient Greek and Hebrew to check the validity of the NWT; that's a double-dose of sin, using flawed thinking of men to challenge the accuracy of the "official" translation used by Jehovah's Witnesses. It's hard to imagine anyone who WAS smart enough to do that would NOT see the improper translations of the Bible that allows the rank-and-file to be manipulated.

WT says:

In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as "genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith." (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to "shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile."-Titus 3:9.

No surprise that even Paul said to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", since studying the contradictory genelogies found in the OT AND NT only shows more evidence of the contradictory nature of the Bible. The JWs actually have sound Biblical justification of perpetuating a scam that began a LONG TIME AGO.

Adam

• franticfran
    franticfran

I have just passed on the info you were all kind enough to pass on to me and he has gone off to "check" that what I said was accurate,and we all know that it will make no difference dont we! Its only when your outside this organisation that the scales start to fall from your eyes,he actualy asked me how I was dong spiritualy,and I replied with confidence "actualy I think I am doing rather well now,thanks for asking,I no longer require anyones approval for what I think or do,I feel quite the adult now emotionaly" ( Im 64 years old for goodness sake!) So all you lovely bright sparky people once again I thank you for you help and your spirited debate. So refreshing.

• blondie
    blondie

Duirng the Great Apostasy that started in 1981, a group of us single jws got together to pre-study our WT lesson. Most of us lived by ourselves and missed the give and take of a discussion that families enjoyed.

We we told we could no longer do it and that studies had to be one family or at most 2 families. One single person = 1 family. So that meant only 2 people could study together informally. But a family of 5 and a family of 6, 11 people were allowed.

There were informal study groups at Bethel at that time and the WTS felt there had been hotbeds of apostasy and let some individual jws to influence others in their beliefs.

*** km 8/81 pp. 1-2 par. 4 Things of Serious Concern ***

Good association is also a matter of serious concern. After mentioning those he found to be good association, Paul said: “Only these are my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and these very ones have become a strengthening aid to me.” (Col. 4:11) Surely Paul did not have in mind being with these fellow workers in large, late evening parties where partaking of food and drink immoderately would be easy and supervision difficult. Getting together with a few others, possibly in the home with family members present, usually produces superior results in upbuilding discussions and interchanges of encouragement. In such an atmosphere, wholesome conversation and experiences replace loud, distasteful music. Children can be included and Christian personalities molded. This can contribute to effective and zealous field service the next morning, whereas late partying in large groups usually discourages it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember it the same way as Blondie. Up to the early 80's, our congregation would regularly have meetings to study the Watchtower mostly for young people--on a Friday or Saturday night--so they would be prepared for Sunday. It was usually held in an elder's home, and they would usually have a few refreshments afterwards. Then the CO stopped the arrangement. I think many of the young people slowly lost an interest in the religion after that.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When they had the family worship night,the Kingdom Ministry mentioned for single people to basically study on their own. But,I think that is the purpose of this group,not being left out of family worship night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit