I can't find any bibles...seems to be a shortage...

by Legacy 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween
    inbetween

good point Phizzy,

it might be cost related, and maybe in connection with their selling Brooklyn and building warwick ? seems more likely to me...

• sir82
    sir82
    They don't have anyone who is capable of producing a revision of the NWT!

As if that ever stopped them before!

I think their hubris is ever-expanding. They'd just claim that since they are "spirit-directed", anything they produce would be "blessed by Jehovah".

I'm going to start a new thread on the changes I'm sure they'd include in a NNWT.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed. They need no scholarship. Look at all the publications that have produced in the last decade or so. It is very shallow, easily dissected. Basically: Do more! Obey the Slave!

I could foresee them making an "easy to read" Bible. For this, the ‘translator’ need only take the English NWT and make it easy to read, and of course, less likely to raise questions in the rank and file. Nowadays, a JW is less likely to use the Interlinear and exame under the hood--never mind it is not available over the counter for the public. The Easy to Read Bible would have no Interlinear, a mistake the Society made decades ago, and thus no way to compare with the transliteration side-by-side with the ‘translation’.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Franz was able to offer a translation. Furuli could probably do the Hebrew Scriptures for them, and various JW apologists could do the NT, but I doubt they'd ever ask for help.

They've ran out of Bibles at our hall too, I asked someone this morning!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They could always use Vivian Capel's New Testament. He's the only JW I know of who as translated the Bible independently of the Watchtower.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I could see Furuli using the version of Jeremiah from the Dead Sea Scrolls or the LXX and thus elimating problem text about the 70 years. A translation from the Dead Sea Scrolls would be a good selling point.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    They could always use Vivian Capel's New Testament. He's the only JW I know of who as translated the Bible independently of the Watchtower.

Now that's a name I haven't come across for many a year.

Is it the same Vivian Capel that wrote 'Public Address Handbook' or some such title? Basically a handbook on designing PA systems for District and Circuit Assemblies, Kingdom Halls etc. Must date back to 1960's, 70's or such.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes.

He apparently had a falling out with leading Witnesses in the UK who rejected his sound system for new Kingdom Halls.

Then he translated the New Testament.

And he was killed by being run over by a lorry about ten years ago now.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

I have another bible my Mom gave me a few years ago...The Good News Bible...talk about plain english...I know I know, it doesn't have Jehovah's name in it, but I know his name now (maybe) so I can fill in. When I do my studies, I'll read the NWT then if I don't understand it I go to the Good News..Plain as the nose on your face.

Here's a thought, if they re-write the NWT then there would be no need for their literature to explain the bible. Just like the KJV, written poetically, you need an intepreter to tell you about the thou's & thee's. So the NWT is written in the same manner, needing man's interpretation, and don't think it wasn't done on purpose. That way the org. could steer you in the way THEY WANT YOU TO GO. I agree, I don't think they are going to re-write the NYT.

Hold the wire, as we all know, Sept. 2013 issue of the WT (study edition) FDS & 1914...Hmmm, maybe they will. Got to clear things up for us slaves. Because today's truth's just may be tomorrow's error's..Got to stay current with God's chariot wheels..

All I know is that there aren't any English Bibles to be found..."What a puzzlement"

Be Well,

Legacy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat:

They don't have anyone who is capable of producing a revision of the NWT!

Hasn't stopped them before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit