intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    Anyone know how many Bethelites are at HQ right now? I'm sure it will be reduced in the next few years as they move

There are a couple of "Bethel layoffs" from the Great Purge of 4-5 years ago when they dropped ~2000 or so from the US branch. They were there 25+ years, have lots of contacts still there.

The wife told my wife that there is another big round of "layoffs" (not the word she used, but, well, you know) going on right now. Same demographic, lifers in their 40's & 50's.

I think the Great Purge dropped the US Bethel "family" from around 6000 to around 4000. The actual population at the 3 sites is probably higher, due to large numbers of temp workers. But the last number I recall is about 4000 full-timers left.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LostGeneration - "Its one thing to send them all over NYC, another if they are going to set up 20 congos in Warwick with no territory to work."

They won't need to work the territory.

Working at the HQ will be counted as service time.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Working at the HQ will be counted as service time

--

They can still count placements by telling people they know through e-mail to just download something from JW.Org.

It won't be too long before a JW can stay in bed all day and be a regular pioneer.

Hey, Vidiot. How's it goin'? Catch you on another thread....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "It won't be too long before a JW can stay in bed all day and be a regular pioneer."

And the barrel-bottom-scraping goes even deeper...

AndDontCallMeShirley - "Catch you on another thread...."

More like, "Tag, you're It..."

• sd-7
    sd-7
    RFR Realty and Kushner Companies have agreed to acquire a six-property portfolio in Dumbo from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York for $375 million

That's a lot of cake. Meme: YOU CAN'T GO TO COLLEGE--BUT I JUST MADE $375 MILLION

--sd-7

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi SIAM, great intel!

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

3rd gen. You have a pm

skinned sheep

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am going to move to Warwick, where the need is greater........LOL!!! Just for the record, I have no doubt that the WTBTS would agree to desist in the ever important life saving rescue work for some land in Orange county. Thes are the same poeple responsible for the Mexico/Malawi scandal. I would just love some tangible proof.

I can't wait until the Org degenerates to the point where I can pioneer while sitting at home. Uh..not that I would..

• Listener
    Listener

After a bit of research I was able to find where the idea had come from that JWs agreed to not witness in the town (it relates to Patterson, not Warwick).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/188846/1/The-Kind-of-Publicity-the-WT-Loves

"Griffin, the Patterson town supervisor, also asked the order to not canvass in town and, he said, the Witnesses have complied with that request 100 percent."

If anyone wants to email Griffin, here are his contact details

Michael Griffin, Supervisor

Susan Brown, Confidential Secretary To Supervisor
    [email protected]

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Wait so the JW's don't "canvas" in Patterson at all? Is there a way to verify this? It just doesn't sound legit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit