IS YOUR TEACHING UP-TO-DATE? - (WT Study Article for June 3-9, 2013)

by Oubliette 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

I smell a rat! If the householders can't see answers beyond 2000 then society is hoping that they will ask or phone into bethel what does the 1995 watchtower say. Then bethel will send someone out with the info. And BAM! The householder will not be able to get rid of them.

In other words, a new deceptive way to snare.

• Splash
    Splash

@Oubliette

Thanks - that was a genuine misunderstanding on my part - I didn't pick up on the 'breaks out' relevance when I read it.
    How embarrasing .

Splash.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

label licker, Interesting thought! I was simply thinking the WT leaders are trying to limit access to older publications because they just so damning!

It's been said before, but it bears repeating: The WTBTS's greatest enemy is their own publications.

WT "theology" is a convoluted, contradictory, conflicting, incoherent, constantly changing mess.

Splash, no worries. We just don't want some lurker accusing us of misquoting the WT and twisting it's words. We'll leave the word-twisting and misquoting to the WT writers!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I think it would be ironic to study " The TRUTH that leads to eternal life" with someone today.

And to think they bragged that it was a worlds best seller at the time. Maybe everybody should ask for their money back.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@Oubliette, you stated with eloquence what I wanted so say yesterday on regarding this. I just couldn't get my thoughts together quite right. I caught the very same points as you. THANK YOU!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jean-luc picard, good point about "The Truth" book being hopelessly out-of-date. JW teachings definitely have a shelf life, and it's not very long.

leaving_quietly, glad to know I have a fan. Thanks for the kind words. I work very hard on my writing skills, thanks for noticing.

It's actually difficult to deconstruct the subtle manipulation, propaganda and logical fallacies which WT writers use. Most of us were never trained to recognize these errors and deliberate techniques of deception.

Clearly the WT writers have studied them and mastered their use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit