Long Hair

by Robert Jacobs 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Robert Jacobs
    Robert Jacobs

Why does Paul say it is a shame for a man to have long hair?Didnt the Nazarites who were MOST HOLY?And even the law says we must not cut our side locks or the extremity of our beards.The greek word translated long hair is only one word in the greek, and means neither long or hair.It is best translated "adorned hair", as in The Interlinear Translation.Therefore it means a feminine or womanly style, and therefore "shameful".

• logical
    logical

Hi

You said:

Why does Paul say it is a shame for a man to have long hair?Didnt the Nazarites who were MOST HOLY?And even the law says we must not cut our side locks or the extremity of our beards.The greek word translated long hair is only one word in the greek, and means neither long or hair.It is best translated "adorned hair", as in The Interlinear Translation.Therefore it means a feminine or womanly style, and therefore "shameful".

So, get one thing right, Paul did NOT say it is a shame for a man to have long hair. The WTS TRANSLATED it that way. The WTS have been known to occaisonally alter scripture to suit their doctrine. This seems to be one example.

Can you tell me the exact scripture this is? Thanks.

Welcome to the board

>>> http://www.geocities.com/logical_7/index.html

• Robert Jacobs
    Robert Jacobs

You said "Get one thing right".Did you not understand what I said? Read it again.Also ,Its not only the WTS that translated it so, Its also in the kjv as well as almost all the others.Are you really not familiar with this scripture.?

• logical
    logical

The way you put it, the way I read it was like this:

Firstly you stated that Paul himself said it is a shame for a man to have long hair.

Then you went on to describe what the greek word really meant.

Therefore, Paul DID NOT say it. You should be a bit more careful in the way you word your questions.

Please, what scripture is this? A helpful bit of advice: when discussing scriptures, include them please.

Edited by - logical on 5 February 2001 14:25:29

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Logical,

Not for certain, but he may be referring to I Corinthians 11:14

• Robert Jacobs
    Robert Jacobs

O.K...Yes, I puposely worded it like that because, I just like to present information,so people have freedom to use their own minds.(we are even COMMANDED to worship with our whole minds)We should all use our own minds.God gave one to each one of us.And we are all created in his image, and deserve the respect and dignity and freedom that even God himself gives to each of us.Of course many will not give it.But we take it anyway!The pages of history are splattered with blood of those who would not give up their God given dignity and freedom to those agents of satan who would seek to dominate and dictate and try to FORCE their dominance on others for thier own lust for power or greed.. But alas, the time for thier judgement is nigh. I believe This is a most serious matter.Freedom. John 19:9

• logical
    logical

Hi Robert

What are your beliefs? I suspect you're not a JW, maybe a study?

• Robert Jacobs
    Robert Jacobs

How ya doin there? Well,It might be kind of long, but if you go to freeminds.org, and scroll down almost all the way to the end(Feb 2?)I give a little of my experience there. Take care...later...

• Robert Jacobs
    Robert Jacobs

Sorry, I forgot .Its feb 1 on the guestbook page.You can view that if you scroll all the way down and press "view entries"or something similar. Forgot the exact words

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Robert to the forum,
    Nice of you to stop in!
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit