Prince talk about Jehovah Witness Religion

by frankiespeakin 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

(following up on what I posted above) I probably shouldn't complain all that much.

Back when I was an active JW and I'd heard Prince had become one, I honestly didn't believe it at first. Then the evidence piled up, and I had to.

And I was embarrassed; I hoped he'd quit. And soon.

I've been faded for a good long while, now, though, and I've come to realize that the more batshit crazy stuff he says, the goofier he's gonna make JWs look.

He's becoming the Watchtower's Tom Cruise.

(I will concede this though; he's a helluva guitarist)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Prince is a brilliant musician, and an artist. Dude plays what....15 instruments damn near to perfection?

But he has also been in a coccon his entire life, and was seeking meaning. Enter Larry Ghrahm whom he respected as a man and a musician (plays the bass like a madman). If Larry was a Mormon, he might be a Mormon.

Even Prince needs friends. I think its hilarious that the standards vary between what Prince is able to do, and the normal JW. Then again, I guess Prince isn't "appointed". Prince is more of an honorary title I suppose. Haha.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You were on target Vidiot, Prince only quoted the negative response about the internet

because everything he learned at that time from the Jehovah's witnesses was negative about the internet

and warned them to stay away

But through the internet , Larry and prince will become the face of false prophets

• jam
    jam

A great musician but a weird dude. Par for the course for

those becoming JW,s these days.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

He is a weird one. After all the coming of Armageddon is not that much different than when Prince sung the song "1999".

• out4good3
    out4good3

Prince became a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses in 2001 following a two-year-long debate with friend and fellow Jehovah's Witness, musician Larry Graham. Prince said he didn't consider it a conversion, but a "realization"; "It's like Morpheus and Neo inThe Matrix", he explained.

That sounds like a mouth full of bullshit to me.......

A realization my ass......

All Larry Graham did was drag Prince's ass down to his level of stupidity and beat it with experience.....

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Nice video.

Here is an image from his 2007 Superbowl performance:

Prince's 2007 Superbowl performance

pseudo

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

That pic is priceless; it should have the tagline:

"the most famous active Jehovah's Witness in the world"

Which reminds me:

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_443_if-every-celebrity-got-their-own-batmobile_p12/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit