A new DVD for 2013: The Return of the Prodigal Son

by Oubliette 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've said it before in another thread about 'The Hunger Games' trilogy holding so many parallels to the WTBTS (for anyone who hasn't read the books, I highly recommend them).

Of course in The Hunger Games it's the Capitol... who use severe punishment as means of control over the population of Panem. As they began to lose that control, the Capitol's response was to enforce more punishment... which only gave those rebeling with more cause to rebel in the first place as they were then in a position of 'nothing left to lose, everythinig to fight for'.

I wonder if these emphasis on shunning in particular that they have been making of late being a sign that they may be going a similar way?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Wonderful observation! So obvious the WTS has missed the spirit of love and forgiveness.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I cannot stand there DVD's! Propaganda, mind control, gulit. Thats all it is. There just saying that you have to stay with the watchtower your whole life. Be slaves to us forever!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Anyione having a link to download of it?

• Max Divergent
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Obviously, this infringed copyright issues.... Anyone having a link to a download?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Anyone that goes to a District Convention can get a DVD for free, yet the WTBTS curiously does NOT want what they give away to be freely available on YouTube or anywhere else.

It's a control thing.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I've said it before in another thread about 'The Hunger Games' trilogy holding so many parallels to the WTBTS (for anyone who hasn't read the books, I highly recommend them).

I second that, absolutely loved those. Planning to get around to reading 'Mockingjay' a second time in the near future. You know that propaganda film they show at the start? In the first movie, it sounded eerily like a WTS video, even the imagery reminded me of it.

--sd-7

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

And everyone lives happily ever after. Totally unrealistic! There is hardly ever a good ending in JW world when there are family problems.

I know of too many mothers and fathers with children who have left the 'Truth' that will see this video and feel offended or in some way feel like WT is making light of how it (WT) has contributed to the break-up of there family!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Is there a place the video can be viewed? I've been told I should see it, even though I don't feel like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit