Do you go to Kroger/Publix/Wal Mart?

by Iamallcool 40 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

I shop at H-E-B baby.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I get some items at Walmart though. But most grocery items I get at H-E-B.

• SadElder
    SadElder

We shop Publix for most things. Target for others. No Kroger here.

We avoid Walmart. In fact haven't spent a dime there in years. We believe their staff pholosophy is an insult to all workers. They make big noises about employee benefits, but few actually seem to be granted full time status to be able to earn benefits.

• Violia
    Violia

I go into walmart all the time and seldom have I seen what the people of walmart show on their website. I think some of that is posed and made up. I don't' look like that and I have been in WM at all times of day and night and not seen anything like those pictures. Currently you see a lot of used to be middle class folks who are dead arse broke due to unemployment and are shopping their due to necessity. Of course they are better than the rest of us , you know the typical walmart shopper. Check out the Dollar stores, you will find middle class America in there too.

• free2beme
    free2beme

If you have a Food 4 Less, Winco or Target Superstore in your area. You might check these. Kroger is called Fred Meyers here and we do get some things there, bread is the best and good veggie and meats. But I like Safeway for those too.

• moshe
    moshe
    Walmart Stores are higher priced than Publix and Kroger, why is that?

In SW FL, Publix is the most expensive store- Walmart in most cases is cheaper. We haven't found ny store that has good baked cakes or desserts- our old midwestern stores had them beaten hands down.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Where we live, Walmart is the only full line grocery store open past 6 pm within 25 miles. I will actually make the 30 mile drive to Krogers occasionally. Just Ron drives 15 miles to go to a little grocery store (closes at 5:30 pm LOL) to get chicken, pork, and whole wheat egg noodles. We buy a lot from the local produce growers, we grow a lot of stuff ourselves, and we buy our beef by the side from a family member. I don't generally buy premade baked goods, other than sandwich bread. I've even made homemade from scratch donuts.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Someone asked about Grocery Outlet, I occasionally go there as well, I think it may be only in CA. It's deep discount, up to 50% or more, because they buy odd lots of things, manufacturers oversupply, packaging that proved unpopular, etc. You have to be carefull, watch ingredients, expire dates, etc. but I have only had problems with one or two things. Some things are not as cheap, it depends. I have even gotten organic things. You have to be flexible and be prepared to switch brands. Good selection of cereal, and way cheap. They had english muffins that were great, best I ever had, and only $1.99 for 12. Sadly, I am gluten sensitive and can't eat them any more. I also get toiletries there, toothpaste, etc. A large name brand liquid soap that is $6.00 at the sups, $1.99. It adds up.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

go into walmart all the time and seldom have I seen what the people of walmart show on their website. I think some of that is posed and made up. I don't' look like that and I have been in WM at all times of day and night and not seen anything like those pictures

I dont think it is made up, I have seen people like that. It is pictures from all over the country, so its the worst of the worst of thousands of Wal Marts. Of course, 99% of Wal mart shoppers are just normal, like you and me, but even wacky people have to buy groceries. I think it is worse in California, and the hotter states, Florida., Texas, etc. Some people are clueless about their body size, and wear short shorts, bathing suits, and skimpy clothes five sizes to small. And then here is Willie the Pimp, he is frequently featured. He is just eccentric.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

H-E-B

Don't support Walmart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit