This weeks WT study

by turtleturtle 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Do You Appreciate Our Spiritual Heritage?
    para. 16
    If a person clings to false doctrines, such as the Trinity and the immortality of the soul, he cannot benefit from the ransom. But we can.
    So, no JW has been able to benefit from the ransom up until certain points, since the previous "understanding" about the FDS, tribulation, worshipping Jesus, the cross, and "this generation" was wrong?
    I am sure the WT would argue that they mean the "core" doctrines. However, who decides what a core doctrine is? Isn't not worshipping Jesus and understanding who the FDS is a pretty big, core doctrine?

Thoughts?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think they are mistaken

• Mum
    Mum

It's just the Thought Police. A person's life should be judged on what they do, not what they think.

Down with the thought police, up with the Behavior Police!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Turtle,

::If a person clings to false doctrines, such as the Trinity and the immortality of the soul, he cannot benefit from the ransom. But we can. ::

This is a mistaken fallacy based on a double standard. One set of standards is used to judge "other" religions as false and not meeting divine approval at the same time another set of standards is used to judge the religion of the Watchtower corporation which makes allowances for incorrect doctrine and does not label them as false but merely in need of readjustments as the light gets brighter. This is a good example of Compartmentalization done unconsciously useing strong dose of confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Psychoanalytic views

Psychoanalysis considers that whereas isolation separates thoughts from feeling, compartmentalization separates different (incompatible) cognitions from each other. [ 2 ] As a secondary, intellectual defense, it may be linked to rationalization. [ 3 ] Related also is the phenomenon of neurotic typing, whereby everything must be classified into mutually exclusive and watertight categories. [ 4 ]

Otto Kernberg has used the term bridging interventions for the therapist's attempts to straddle and contain contradictory and compartmentalized components of the patient's mind. [ 5 ]

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I noticed that one too.

Here's another (p. 9):

"An individual who continues to believe in the Trinity cannot be baptized in symbol of a valid dedication to Jehovah God."

They are making these teachings, these interpretations, salvation issues. It is no different from staunch evangelicals saying to me (as they often have done in past times) that unless I believe Jesus is the 2nd person of the Trinity I will end up in Hell. Who do they think they are? Is any of them appointed Judge of all the earth? Does 'right doctrine' save a person? Then heaven help the millions of Christians over the last 2000 years who have got teachings wrong. Heaven help JWs for all their doctrinal faux pas.

In contrast the NT simply teaches:

Acts 16:30,31 (NIV) - He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved —you and your household.”

Rom. 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

BOASTING of the Watchtower is their main form of bragging

about how they alone are chosen and only they are ransomed.

J ames 4 : 12......But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

16 ..... As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is ev il.

Colosians 1 :( speaking of Jesus Christ )

He is both the first principle and the upholding principle

of the whole scheme of creation. And now he is

the head of the body which is composed of all Christian people.

18 He is the head of the body, the church, ........

20 ....through him to reconcile all things to himself .....

Galations 3: 26 -29
    "For now that you have faith in Christ you are all sons of God.

All of you who were baptised “into” Christ have put on

the family likeness of Christ. Gone is the distinction

between Jew and Greek, slave and free man, male and female

you are all one in Christ Jesus."

The Watchtower teaches core doctrines that are false.

The WT teaches not the unity of the body of Christ as is

preached in every single gospel and by Jesus, they teach divisions.

They divide people into "classes" and go so far as to say

the "earthly class" is not part of the body of Christ

and cannot partake of the symbolic blood/wine

of Christ or the body/bread of Christ.

The doctrine of the "anointed" is false.

The bible shows all Christians who are believers

and are baptized are anointed with Holy Spirit.

As far as the Trinity goes, there are variations of understanding

on this so called doctrine.

Many churches/ Christians, do not believe Jesus and Jehovah are

the same person and many more Christians believe the soul can die.

These "core doctrines" of soul-death and no trinity,

claimed by the WT as their own exclusive teachings, were

the teachings of the Adventists and the Millerites

and Diests and Quakers and many more churches.

So the Watchtower claims some

exclusive "special knowledge" that is in itself a LIE.

and they know it.

• RRR
    RRR

I was more disturbed by the opening sentence of paragraph 1. "During a milestone governing body meeting in Jerusalem in 49 CE, the disciple James said:" ect. Really? What evidence is there of such a meeting by a "Governing Body"? Of course, the term does not even exist in the scriptures, yet it is said as though quite factual. Also notice that the term is not capitalized as it is today in the publications. After 50 yrs of service, quite a revelation.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

If a person clings to false doctrines, such as the Trinity and the immortality of the soul, he cannot benefit from the ransom. But we can.

Sure they can, Jesus isn't even their mediator...

Alec

• Ding
    Ding

Let's see if I've got this straight.

From its inception until now, the WT leadership has been wrong about who the FDS is and when they were appointed.

But today's GB can determine who will or won't benefit from the ransom.

How grateful we should be!

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Yes, we're all happified!

Alec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit