AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BRAINCLEANED - not a #1 fan of the name either (but I'm not going to complain (too much)), but the idea of the whole thing and its mission is great. As far as the "marketing" aspect, I don't really see it as a marketing issue. Why?

You will NEVER EVER EVER EVER reach the mind of a cult member via marketing techniques. Never. WT has got their own marketing shit/propaganda so deeply embedded, there's no room for anything else.

As neat as the YouTube video is, no JW is going to wake up Saturaday morning, put some slick video on and go "Oh shit! I'm wrong about just about everything in my life! I must abandon my life/religion/hope/family--IMMEDIATELY!!"

Whether there's an AAWA or a WAWA or AWWWWWW you will only reach a cult member's mind on a one-two-one level; and I'm hoping that AAWA supports those of us trying to do that, as well as throw whatever they can Watchtower's way to make those bastards lives miserable.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Jwleaks, I think you have come up with a brilliant name for the association to use for a flier or newsletter. A little humor certainly lighten things up.

This debate about the name has been a downer and I fear it will keep some real talent out of the cause.

Lets all get on board and see where it goes. I am sure the board will be open to make any necessary changes in order to see their most noble cause brought attention too. Don't let the disagreement about the name keep us from acting. It is their organization...not ours. They can call it anything they want. They had the gumption to start it, not us. They need our support.

I have a daughter and grandson I want out of this evil organization. When the numbers decrease and the Watchtower rhetoric gets crazier and crazier, she will be more likely to leave, taking my little grandson with her.

I am going to give the aawa my full support. Lets give the governing body as much heartache as they have given us, guys. The bigger they are the harder they fall. They are not too big to fail. Let's get them!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

What I'm saying is that the name will play into the Watchtowers game, and hinder anyone still too controled to latch on.
    That is ALL I'm saying.

Even I, who has rejected and hate the WTS, will never be part of a group that will scare my loved ones away.

I wasn't clear obviously, breakfast of champions.
    Whether we like the world "marketing" or not, the name of a group is the hook & bait.
    I'll come in when the group has a proper name.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, I see where you're coming from BRAIN.

Do like JWLEAKS AAWAKE cover as well!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

// As neat as the YouTube video is, no JW is going to wake up Saturaday morning, put some slick video on and go "Oh shit! I'm wrong about just about everything in my life! I must abandon my life/religion/hope/family--IMMEDIATELY!!"//

Actually, I am one of those that had a "Eureka" moment.
    The name of this group is like vinagre for flies.

We need a positive name, not any of this "anti" crap.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thanks breakfast of champions - I know we are all working in the same direction.

Great Aawake cover.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Whether there's an AAWA or a WAWA or AWWWWWW you will only reach a cult member's mind on a one-two-one level; and I'm hoping that AAWA supports those of us trying to do that, as well as throw whatever they can Watchtower's way to make those bastards lives miserable.___BOC

Hello there BOC

I believe the WTS continue to go D2D because they are able to fool the householder better one on one

havin' the least interuption. It is certainly no way to get out an urgent life savin' message

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses preach house to house ?

" The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people ; they want to be careful to miss no one ."_____Reasoning Book page 206

I'm sure many more would have died when hurricane Katrina hit if they hada waited on a Witness to warn 'em

This is a religion that believed that radio was inspired by God ( Proclaimers book )

But as they became more cult like. They knew that radio could actually do more harm

because it would alert more people to their foolishness

As you know there are things the householder is not told until they are

well groomed. Unlike other religions the WTS can't show their services

on T.V.

If folks saw them askin' for field service reports they world would come to the rightful

conclusion that witnesses have to earn their salvation

That their love come wit' conditions

The world would see how Jesus is an after thought

and ALL THAT OTHER STUFF that do more harm to people than good

There's nothin' wrong in the way you prefer to get the message out

but more people can be warn by mass communication for that I applaude

the efforts of AAWA

AAWA is not trynna force people to change their beliefs, they want to make

people fully aware of the belief , actions and consequences of the WTS

• cedars
    cedars

Earlier today I asked the Advisory Board of AAWA to convene and vote on an issue that has come to light on this thread. That issue was: should AAWA change its name? All members of the board have now voted, and a majority decision has been returned in favour of keeping our name, The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists. I hope you will all respect our board's decision, even if you do not agree with it, so that we can put this matter behind us and continue with our important work of exposing the Watchtower as a damaging cult.

I would like to thank everyone on JWN for their support and suggestions, but I hope you understand the point I made earlier about decision-making. In order to effectively formulate decisive strategies against the Society, we need a small cohesive unit of like-minded and committed individuals. JWN is a wonderful community, a place where people with wildly varying viewpoints and agendas can meet and exchange views, but it does not offer the same shared agenda and decision-making ability that we need if we are to make our venture a success.

Lots of good suggestions have been received as to alternative names. All of us on the board have appreciated them, and some suggestions have given us cause to stop and ponder. The simple fact remains that the decision has already been made, and we have a name that we love and are very proud of - and that perfectly describes who we are. The fact that it has provoked so much debate and controversy on JWN is perhaps itself a good indication that it will provoke similar intrigue in the media. People will wonder - just what is this organization's gripe with Watchtower? Then they'll read our mission statement and hopefully all will become clear. Journalists will investigate, and receive an education that will possibly prompt them to write articles, thus furthering our cause.

I also wanted you all to know that I will no longer be posting on JWN as president of AAWA - only as the same old Cedars that you all know and hate! Apart from anything else, I am too personally invested in this venture having played a significant role in helping get AAWA off the ground, and this means I am not in the best position to be fielding all questions and criticisms. Any questions about AAWA can be addressed to Lady Lee - or better still, you can email AAWA with your suggestions directly. The address (for the time being) is [email protected]

I would like to thank all of you for your interest in and/or support of AAWA, and we are confident the broader Ex-JW community will play an increasing role in AAWA's work in the months and years ahead.

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If I can offer some advise to Cedars, take a bit of a rest, you've done good.

If you spend so much of your personal time fighting the ludicrous JW cult, you might forget to enjoy life and what it has to offer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I respect the decision, and simply wish all involved the very best for the future.

If I were a believer I would say "God bless you all and your work" !

I am convinced this will achieve more in the coming months and years than any other "activist" activity has in the past, and it dovetails well with the efforts of different forms of work to enlighten people, such as here on JWN, and sites like JWfacts, where much is already achieved.

Getting Media attention has always been almost impossible because of the lack of expertise in presenting things to them, you guys have the expertise.

Good luck, and a non-believers Godspeed !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit