AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cantleave, it looks like your storm in in Jersey. Brooklyn is on the other side of Manhattan

• poppers
    poppers

The Quiet One - go back to page 13 and look for Vidiot's post with the "bat design" - put it on articles of clothing and sell them as a source of income for AAWA.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Cantleave, it looks like your storm in in Jersey. Brooklyn is on the other side of Manhattan

It's Sandy!!!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Poppers-- Thanks, I'm nearly always lost :)

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Truth be told Cedars, you will not go far with this name, please swallow your pride and have a rethink!!.

A word is enough for the wise

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stellar job, Cedars, you and your board, getting this all set up. The board has responded with typical enthusiasm. In my opinion, the name of the organization is a minor point, not worth the bickering. But bickering is one of the things this board is good at.

Water Duck Back

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    poppers - "Vidiot's 'bat signal' would make a great T-shirt/sweatshirt/hoodie design."

You mean like this?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is what is a little disturbing: Look at all revolutions. They were not based on a business model. People resepct ART and not business. ART must be a part of EVERY revolution. I am seeing no art here. I am seeing faith and trust in a business model. Without art, there is no passion. There is anger. There is bitterness. But there is also just a rational reason why it MUST suceed.

I love this idea. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I love it. BUT, I am seeing no art. I am seeing all of the "founders" justifying what they need, and working out the model on a PUBLIC forum. "Let's do this!!!" or "We will do that". That has absolutely NO place on a public forum!!!

Already, after only a couple day, I am disappointed. Already this is being thought of as a business. Obviously we were all a little put off by there word "organization". But I saw the need for it. But there is no art behind it. Only the intellect. And I suppose that is what disturbs me.

All "organizations" have honest ideals. C.T Russell was not trying to start a billion dollar business. Originally, he was trying to begin a movement based on first century Christianity. I love what you are trying to do. But there is not real passion. WIthout the arts, there is nothing. And I truly believe that. And I see no passion. Just a rational reason why it can be done.

In these sorts of organizations the passion is immediate and quick! Everyone wants to be involved. But reading trhough the entire thread, it is all about business, organization, and structure. That will eliminate passion every time. Maybe AAWA will go on for a few years. But without the art, without the REVOLUTION, without the ATTITUDE of the protestors of the 60's...it will fail. In my opinion. And that I see that after a single day of rolling it out....I can't deny it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Successful businesses work because they have direction, focus and are efficient. Business take calculated risks and don't over burden themselves with concensus. This is not a business, but what I understand Cedars to be saying, is that AAWA applies business principles in order to get things done!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I agree, Can't leave. But the revolution part CANNOT be left out. It cannot. It is vital. It is the passion. Like I said, every movement usually starts with a business model. But when the passion is gone...it is all gone.

We are starting a revolution, and balance is needed. Yes, an organized body with rational men and women are vital to direct the work. But revolutionaries are needed as well to keep the intense passion relevant. Not let it become a numbers and schedule game.

We are fighting for lives. We are fighting for freedom. We are fighting for each other!

We can't lose sight. I respect Cedars business model. I really do. But let's not turn it into a business, even though that is an important part that plays an important function.

We need men like crosscheck, cantleave, cedars, jwfacts. But we also need men like Anon and JWfairy. We need logic....but we also need PASSION.

I'm sorry to be so focused on this while I am not a direct member. But this is something that I"ve noticed about many movements that stemed from revolutions. It ends up becoming a stiff business. The passion is lost. The revolution is lost. And years later, people may read this and say, "Yeah...that's what it became."

I am desperate. As we all are. Our families are slaves. They may die. They may be abused. And I for one will NOT stand by and let this happen. A revoultion must happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit