AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yesidid
    yesidid

Surely if such a high percentage of ex Witnesses find the name disagreeable, and we are all anti-Watchtower, then it must be obvious that many, many Witnesses, the ones we are all trying to release, will find the name an obstacle to further investigation.

Why put obstacles in the path of those we are trying to help?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Max. Not arguing with you at all, and thanks for helping broaden that point.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Betterdaze - Thanks for checking into the Articles. It's better any chinks and faults that might exist are found and fixed (by AAWA) now: there will, no doubt, be a counter effort against AAWA. Whether that's via legal processes or otherwise, time will tell. Best for supporters' scrutiny to be over everything at a minute level. Well, I think so anyhow.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

This thread...wow, like MMIV posted its like life of Brian

[The People's Front of Judea are breaking into Caesar's palace. However, they become distracted by the Campaign for a Free Galilee, a rival organisation with the same plan, and a fight breaks out.]
    Brian: People, we should be struggling together.
    PFJ member: [in a headlock] We are.
    Brian: No, we should be rising up against the common enemy.
    All: The Judean People's Front?
    Brian: No, the Romans
    A
    AAWA AWA or the PFFL of JW, the group will rise or fall based on how it reaches it's stated purpose. Lets let them get to work. Slavenomore
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Awesome video and idea to get organized!! It is a step in the direction of increased humanity and less fear.

I do wish that AAWA will consider forming relationships with other groups who want to help members of other dangerous cults and educate politicians about the dangers of financially supporting dangerous cults.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Over the years I've seen a few threads by people who thought getting organized would be a good idea. Some have compared it to 'herding cats', so I immediately thought of this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Good luck!

W

• mind blown
    mind blown

"An organization that constantly changes course soon becomes a laughing stock."

And the ones who don't change, also become laughing stocks re: Ray Franz

There's no way, my baby girl who's captured by the WTS, will even attempt to listen or veiw an orginization who's called Anti Watchtower.

After a second look, your site is great for us X's and cater to our angst, but those who are captured.....?

I know your hearts are in a good place, I've witnessed this throughout the years, but I think taking a second glance of how you're going about things may be in order, in my opionion of course......

• humbled
    humbled

Just donated--

Looking at logo designs, mission statements and the kind of reservations about the name--Maybe insert one word and change a lot yet not change a lot:

The Association of Anti-Slavery Watchtower Activists

• RoosterMcDooster
  • maisha
    maisha

Surely if such a high percentage of ex Witnesses find the name disagreeable, and we are all anti-Watchtower, then it must be obvious that many, many Witnesses, the ones we are all trying to release, will find the name an obstacle to further investigation.

Why put obstacles in the path of those we are trying to help?

YEAH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit