AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Great news!!!. I will take the news with me to Africa.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm not so keen on the incorporation idea because then you have legal concerns I think independantly(legally) but united morally less cumbersome.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Toll-free helplines sound like a great idea, but from what I've read, you would then have the phone numbers of those who have called the helpline on your statement. Who would see the statement, and how could you guarantee that people will remain anonymous?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"money can go a long way in helping grab the attention of wavering Witnesses if spent astutely." -- And how will anybody know how their money is being spent? Will AAWA be subject to financial regulation? And what rights do your members have regarding decision making, or is it only you 8 who will decide how everything is done?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am the Team Leader for Support. I have nothing to do with billing or accounts so I would never see that. Neither would anyone working on my team providing support

• cedars
    cedars

The Quiet One

Toll-free helplines sound like a great idea, but from what I've read, you would then have the phone numbers of those who have called the helpline on your statement. Who would see the statement, and how could you guarantee that people will remain anonymous?

Wow, we've only just launched and you're really going for it aren't you! Do you seriously expect me to answer that question, or isn't it obvious that we're not going to pile on the misery for people who phone in for help and support by divulging their phone numbers?

Is this the best you can do?

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I came to think of the vast apostate army. I hope this new one will work a lot better! Good initiative.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

It's not an attack, it is an honest question. Having just read up on how toll-free lines work, there's no way that I'd feel safe giving any details that could be traced back to me to 8 people I've never met. Otherwise it does sound like a good idea. A 'JWfacts.com' billboard would be good too, no idea how expensive that would be though..

• cedars
    cedars

frankiespeakin

I'm not so keen on the incorporation idea because then you have legal concerns I think independantly(legally) but united morally less cumbersome.

We have a legal team that is responsible for this, and one lawyer is already involved in our efforts on a volunteer basis.

Cedars

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just to add:

It is important to us that people who contact us feel safe and that their information is protected.

Over the years I have had countless people contact me for support in many different ways. Just because I am retired and no one is paying me I haven't stpped considering confidentiality extremely important not only to the person I am dealing with but to my personal reputation. I have been here since 2001. I'm not about to change the way I deal with people now. And I will expect that same kind of ethic and consideration from anyone who chooses to work with me in the Support end of AAWA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit